Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Troubleshoot AP Hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving this morning and tried changing lanes with my autopilot on and the car tried to switch lanes even though there was a car right next to me. I'd like to think that it was just my imagination but then i started looking at my screen and it appears that cars right next to me are not showing up. Front and back seem to be fine it's the side cameras that I am worried about. Maybe that's really just the way it is and I just didn't notice before.

Is there any way that I can troubleshoot and check whether all my AP hardware is working? Does this mean I have to take the car in for service? I'm weary of using AP at the moment because of this. Thanks in advance for your help

They only started using the side cameras in the recent update that most don't have yet. See threads on V9 software.

You are supposed to make sure it is safe to do a lane change before using the turn signal the car still isn't capable of making sure it is safe.