Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Troubleshooting drivers heated seat not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,
I’m trying to get my drivers side heated seat to work again (I bought it 6 months out of warranty and the seller said it never worked, why he didn’t fix it while under warranty is beyond me). My car is a November 2014 s85 Ap1. I have been searching to see if it’s a blown fuse, but all of the fuse box diagrams I’m finding look to be for the pre Ap1 cars as they don’t match what I have. I did try to swap out f5 in box 1 for a new 15 amp fuse and that didn’t resolve the issue. I then tried to remove, then clean (lots of tarnish on the fuses) the connectors on all 15 amp breakers, still no luck. I then put the seat in to the highest position it would go, I then unplugged, used canned air to blow out both sides of the 3 connectors I could find, and reconnected them. Still no luck. I could try using some dielectric grease and see if that helps? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• 37252D06-DA1D-44E7-809B-BF2CEC706F89.jpeg
    37252D06-DA1D-44E7-809B-BF2CEC706F89.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 343
I have the same issue with my 2017 Model S driver's seat. The heat for the back works, but the seat doesn't. I took it to service. Before she even checked it in, she said it probably needs the seat replaced. When I returned the next day (they had to replace the chip), she confirmed they would have to replace the seat, a $1700 fix. I declined. I'm not trusting that is really the fix, but that is what service in Columbus, Oh said.

Hey everyone,
I’m trying to get my drivers side heated seat to work again (I bought it 6 months out of warranty and the seller said it never worked, why he didn’t fix it while under warranty is beyond me). My car is a November 2014 s85 Ap1. I have been searching to see if it’s a blown fuse, but all of the fuse box diagrams I’m finding look to be for the pre Ap1 cars as they don’t match what I have. I did try to swap out f5 in box 1 for a new 15 amp fuse and that didn’t resolve the issue. I then tried to remove, then clean (lots of tarnish on the fuses) the connectors on all 15 amp breakers, still no luck. I then put the seat in to the highest position it would go, I then unplugged, used canned air to blow out both sides of the 3 connectors I could find, and reconnected them. Still no luck. I could try using some dielectric grease and see if that helps? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike
I don't have full resolution on this yet, but my Model 3 is currently in the shop for dead passenger seat heater. They said the right side body control module was not supplying power to the seat heater, so they had to replace that at a ~$550 price point. They were cautious, however, about declaring this the root cause. I'll know more tomorrow.