Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery of my LR/AWD/MSM/Black & White/Induction/FSD today (VIN 0175xx). The car was built on 06/19, moved to the port of San Fransisco on 06/23. Unassigned on 06/28 (Tesla EoQ shenanigans), reassigned on 06/30 (can sell an already paid for car). Moved to Fremont around 07/08. Moved from Fremont to Denver Littleton 07/15 - 17. Shipped from Denver Littleton by enclosed truck to New Mexico this morning (07/24). Still no explanation/apology from Tesla for the delays. The carrier had 3 white Model Ys and a white Model 3 and mine was one of two deliveries to Santa Fe. Truck driver was very friendly and was able to drop off right in front of my house (despite being in a full-sized semi truck).

First the good. Paint looks excellent. I have yet to go over it in detail but a cursory check (~20 mins) found no nicks, bubbling, scratches, etc. The trim looks perfect as well with no scratches. The 20" wheels are perfect. They look really sharp with the MSM paint. The alignment of the panels is mostly perfect with the trunk lid and frunk lid both looking really good. Both rear seats fall when the respective lever is pulled (yay!). Shortly after delivery it rained a ton and none of it got into the cabin or frunk. Will check elsewhere.

Now for the not-perfect, but fixable:

* Rear seats not aligned. This is so common I wasn't expecting any different.
* Tail lights not perfectly aligned. They stick out ~ 1/8" past where it looks like they should be. Will measure with calipers later to see what the gap really is. Will ask mobile service to fix.
* Rear passenger door is not aligned. It looks like it is just slightly rotated as it is touching the trim in the rear but not the front. Will ask mobile service to fix.
* Missing clip on body under frunk lid.
* Front bumper not correctly installed on the driver's side. Looks like it just needs to be push in a little. Again, easy to fix.
* Driver's side repeater camera looks like it isn't pushed all the way in. Will have mobile service verify.
* A rubber foot on the frunk lid had fallen off. It was in the frunk and went back on without any issue.
* Slight misalignment on the passenger side fender near the headlight. Will have mobile service check it.
* Trunk pan is a little beat up. I don't know if I care enough to ask them to replace it.

I will be going over the car more tonight to make sure I am not missing anything. I have 24 hours to report any issues.

42F4F97E-4B40-4186-803A-5237FAA1C874_1_105_c.jpeg
C1F37129-4E51-4E4A-A5A6-B3EAC02F5742_1_105_c.jpeg
F61C8972-5312-4EBB-A38A-2561A02AE981_1_105_c.jpeg
A6A1621C-7B85-4726-9455-466A1296A1CE_1_105_c.jpeg
3302DE20-57C7-4301-B4AE-D8C749AF5798_1_105_c.jpeg
2063F019-0885-4EBA-AB81-86CACBC951F2_1_105_c.jpeg
A916B011-83BB-4833-958A-8DAAA22DB26D_1_105_c.jpeg
C08C8727-D1D8-413D-90D4-0CAA1D85A702_1_105_c.jpeg
080D67E3-BA33-42FA-9168-0C730FB19568_1_105_c.jpeg
F41FDADB-0531-4629-8CA3-05E9658E27B9_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: asa8080 and OZKM3
Finally took delivery of my LR/AWD/MSM/Black & White/Induction/FSD today (VIN 0175xx). The car was built on 06/19, moved to the port of San Fransisco on 06/23. Unassigned on 06/28 (Tesla EoQ shenanigans), reassigned on 06/30 (can sell an already paid for car). Moved to Fremont around 07/08. Moved from Fremont to Denver Littleton 07/15 - 17. Shipped from Denver Littleton by enclosed truck to New Mexico this morning (07/24). Still no explanation/apology from Tesla for the delays. The carrier had 3 white Model Ys and a white Model 3 and mine was one of two deliveries to Santa Fe. Truck driver was very friendly and was able to drop off right in front of my house (despite being in a full-sized semi truck).

First the good. Paint looks excellent. I have yet to go over it in detail but a cursory check (~20 mins) found no nicks, bubbling, scratches, etc. The trim looks perfect as well with no scratches. The 20" wheels are perfect. They look really sharp with the MSM paint. The alignment of the panels is mostly perfect with the trunk lid and frunk lid both looking really good. Both rear seats fall when the respective lever is pulled (yay!). Shortly after delivery it rained a ton and none of it got into the cabin or frunk. Will check elsewhere.

Now for the not-perfect, but fixable:

* Rear seats not aligned. This is so common I wasn't expecting any different.
* Tail lights not perfectly aligned. They stick out ~ 1/8" past where it looks like they should be. Will measure with calipers later to see what the gap really is. Will ask mobile service to fix.
* Rear passenger door is not aligned. It looks like it is just slightly rotated as it is touching the trim in the rear but not the front. Will ask mobile service to fix.
* Missing clip on body under frunk lid.
* Front bumper not correctly installed on the driver's side. Looks like it just needs to be push in a little. Again, easy to fix.
* Driver's side repeater camera looks like it isn't pushed all the way in. Will have mobile service verify.
* A rubber foot on the frunk lid had fallen off. It was in the frunk and went back on without any issue.
* Slight misalignment on the passenger side fender near the headlight. Will have mobile service check it.
* Trunk pan is a little beat up. I don't know if I care enough to ask them to replace it.

I will be going over the car more tonight to make sure I am not missing anything. I have 24 hours to report any issues.

View attachment 568557 View attachment 568558 View attachment 568559 View attachment 568560 View attachment 568561 View attachment 568562 View attachment 568563 View attachment 568564 View attachment 568565 View attachment 568566

love that color combo. Congrats!

Found a couple of more smallish issues.

* Rear passenger door is bent slightly at the top (~1/4" of metal) where it goes behind the front door.
* Passenger windshield wiper is mounted too low. It starts below the glass and should be set on the glass.
* A couple more missing clips under the hood.

All noted and set up for service.

Adjusted the windshield wiper myself and now it works perfectly. It was ~ 1" low on the far end. Single 14mm nut holding it in. Took the nut off, removed the wiper arm, reinstalled so both ends were on the glass, and reinstalled the nut.

This is something they should be checking before it leaves Fremont. Not sure how they can miss something so obvious.

Mobile service will fix the trunk pan and tail lights on Thursday. Will probably take multiple appointments to fix the remaining issues. Hope I don't have to drive up to littleton (6 hours) to get them addressed.

They sent me an estimate of $166. Not quite sure what that is about given this is all pre-delivery issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Ericna
Let us know what the $166 ends up referring to??? Thanks for the information!
I have the same car coming in next week on a truck to my street !

Ended up with a $0 total. The $166 was an estimate if it was deemed not to be warranty work.

The mobile tech showed up around 5:15PM MDT today. He adjusted both windshield wipers (apparently both were low), replaced the missing clips, replaced the trunk tub, and ordered a replacement headlight. He noted the damage to the passenger door and said that will be repaired by an approved body shop. Attempting to just bend it would crack the paint and lead to rust. He will also come back and realign the front bumper. He told me that he wanted to have the parts handy in case the alignment issue was due to broken/malformed clips.

The tail lights are still misaligned (I don't really mind) so I might see what it takes to align those if they are not fixed on the next visit.

Overall happy with the service. Quick and professional.

Reactions: Ericna
Nice one! Same config as mine. I like MSM with induction wheel look and white inside (we have kids as well but in worst case you can put “OEM-looking” covers on seats...)
Hope our build would be same or better...

Hope I don't have to drive up to littleton (6 hours) to get them addressed.
Secret rumor, confirmed by ranger and SC in Littleton, there is a SC being created in Colorado Springs, ETA: SOON. They wouldn't tell me where and claimed they didn't know, but they believable it is in our "Motor City" area, on the south of town. So that will shave at least another hour off your trip if you ever need to come up for service in the future.