Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hjelmn
Hi
When you take a truck delivery, do you document the defects with the truck driver present before you sign the papers?
Or you sign the papers after you document the defects and the driver acknowledges them?

I am told the truck driver only drops off the car. How do we get the defects fixed on time?

Thanks.

@hjelmn
Hi
When you take a truck delivery, do you document the defects with the truck driver present before you sign the papers?
Or you sign the papers after you document the defects and the driver acknowledges them?

I am told the truck driver only drops off the car. How do we get the defects fixed on time?

Thanks.

They do not need to be present to document the issues. I documented most of the issues on delivery day using schedule service. I kept updating the service request as I found other issues.

Secret rumor, confirmed by ranger and SC in Littleton, there is a SC being created in Colorado Springs, ETA: SOON. They wouldn't tell me where and claimed they didn't know, but they believable it is in our "Motor City" area, on the south of town. So that will shave at least another hour off your trip if you ever need to come up for service in the future.

Nice! That is a bit better. Would be nice to have on down in Trinidad. That is possible without stopping at a supercharger. NM will probably pass a modification to the franchise act before that happens. I know I will be pushing hard on the state senators I know. If the minority party looses 3-4 seats as expected there will be the votes to pass it. An NMADA supporter in the majority went down in the primary so that will help. It got close last time passing the first committee on party lines and only stalling in the second because the governor at the time (Suzanna Martinez) promised to veto it. Still not sure why the party of "free market" is so against having a free market.

One update. I am still waiting on mobile service to fix the remaining issues. I have put ~ 1k miles on the Model Y so far. Order, and installed, a bunch of accessories. Got the 3D Max Spider mats (preorder) and they are pretty awesome (will post pictures tomorrow) and order a number of parts from Abstract Ocean. Got the matrix black vinyl wrap for the console and the door controls, rubber inserts for the console, screen protector, and a hidden storage compartment for the center console. All the accessories are installed and everything looks really good. Will probably also order the 3D Max Spider boot mats next.

Latest. Tesla is setting up a repair at a local bodyshop for the bent door panel. They ordered a new headlight and a bunch of brackets to deal with the scratched headlight housing and unaligned bumped.

A new issue has cropped up. The rear-left door (which was perfectly aligned) became unaligned. I discovered that the bolt joining the top hinge to the door is loose. The door can move ~ 0.25" in or out. This is causing the door to tear up the trim between the door and wheel. Will see how Tesla will address this. I plan to check all the door bolts to see if any others have come loose.