Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Truck guy kept asking questions about Segway scooter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went into a low key diner restaurant in HB CA. There was some guy in his 50-60s (he said he was "retired") who kept asking so many freaking questions about my Segway scooter. But he seem to have no interest to even buy one, or any interest in getting an electric car. All he kept complaining about was how much diesel cost to fill up (March 2022). That it cost him $240 for a full tank. But in our conversation he seem to have no care to switch to an electric car, after I told him I own a Tesla. But the entire time, he just kept asking "how many miles does my Segway scooter go". But I was trying to tell him that I mainly use my E-scooter to get free parking if my destination has paid parking. Like if I go to Disneyland, I park in a neighborhood that's a bit far to walk but is only a 10 min ride by E-scooter. He probably thought I use it as my main source of transportation, but that's not practical for So Cal commutes. Besides free parking, it's very useful for superchargers in giant shopping areas. Because not all businesses will be walking distance from a supercharger, so the E-scooter acts like my rental car while my Tesla is charging.

I am surprised there are people still out there that are so amazed by a freaking electric scooter. Which are like everywhere for ride shares in big cities. And if they are so amazed by an electric scooter, I don't get why they are still driving diesel trucks. So many benefits to EVs or Teslas. I'm glad that guy is getting ****ed paying $240 per fill up. For him to fill up 1-2 times is like being able to buy 1 Segway scooter. I felt he was more trying to passive aggressively criticize the Segway scooter by asking a million questions like he never seen one in his life and having no interest to buy one.

Maybe an EV won't meet his needs. My neighbor has a crew cab dually diesel pickup to tow their large Horse trailer and 40 foot flat bed trailer. She drives that dually everywhere. Their other vehicle her husband uses for work. I have seen my neighbor's dually at the supermarket at a restaurant even at Walmart Super Center 40 minutes from my home. Just because someone isn't using their truck all the time for towing or hauling anything doesn't mean they never use it for that purpose.