TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Truck maker in Bay area?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by vfx, Sep 16, 2008.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Heard on the radio a few days ago that there was a new truck maker in the bay area.

Electric truck maker.

I did a news search but found nothing. Anyone know about this?

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Maybe.

I got the impression it was more "truck-y".

Funny, I was driving and sort of half heard the story and thought, "I'll have to check out the details of this one on ABG, etc." when I get home tonight."

Weird to not find it.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Arrrg, no.

I know Phoenix, saw my first one at the Ontario Auto show (Who knew?) It was around the corner for them.

I would have recognized Smith from the UK as well. I lived in the Bay area over a decade and now in LA I have worked in Torrance and know that town.

Sigh.

6. domenick

domenick Nerd

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

...domenick points out a truck maker that plans to offer large trucks to do container shipping around ports (like Long Beach). Possibly what vfx heard (and I recall hearing about too), but they aren't in the SF Bay Area...

Balqon Corporation Corporate
    1701 E. Edinger Avenue
    Unit E-3
    Santa Ana, California 92705, USA
    Telephone: +1 714 836 6344
    FAX: +1 714 836 6343

By the way, those around SF frequently talk of "Bay Area" not always realizing that lots of other places also call themselves "the bay area" too.

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Perhaps it was this Electroride Zero Truck?

"...Electrorides will be offering the first U.S. built class 4 electric truck, the ZeroTruck™ this fall to fleet operators through its launch dealership South Bay Truck Center, Carson, CA...."

Again - not the SF bay area "South Bay".

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Ok, Now it's been so long and it was vague enough in the first place that I would not even know if someone called it.

Good point about other "Bay areas" so I may have jumped to that, and also the Zero truck sounds like a good candidate though I was hoping that maybe they might have a week or two old press-release. That's usually how these news stories get picked up.

If I have the power, I hereby release all from the search since I have already forgotten what I didn't know in the first place. :frown:

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member