TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Truckload of Teslas in the Olympia area?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by hoopty_yo, Jan 29, 2015.

1. hoopty_yo

hoopty_yo Member

Anybody else see a truckload of Teslas today in the Olympia to Centralia area?

I ran by one headed West down Hwy 12 about 7 miles from I-5. I was headed east and saw the nose cone of the lead car and as I passed, I saw the whole car hauler. Unless I'm seeing things, but I have no idea why they would be headed that way. There is a test drive event in Olympia on Feb. 7th. Are they going to storage? The way they were headed, you would have to run down Hwy 12, get on Hwy 8 to 101 and head back East to Olympia.

2. freds

freds Member

Probably the trade in's of all the people upgrading to P85D's!!!!

3. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

Nah! Just those ordered by some of the state legislators who are voting for the extension of no sales tax on EVs in WA state (probably all P85Ds).

4. gglockner

gglockner Member

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

5. hoopty_yo

hoopty_yo Member

Ha! That would have required locating my phone and doing an over-the-shoulder shot while traveling in the opposite direction. I wasn't quite sure what I was seeing until it was too late. Seeing a Model S around here is not that uncommon; even in the land of log trucks and muddy pickups. You just don't see a truckload of them heading, well....nowhere.
    If I was heading the same direction on I-5, I would most certainly risk my life and those around me to get you guys a shot:tongue: