Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trucks As A Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

How (the Tesla Semi) trucks are becoming a solution, to combat pollution!​

diesel-smoke.jpg

I commend that whole site, FreightWaves, as a resource for those interesting in the commercial transportation industry. I'm not a participant in the industry, so I don't know if it's the best or one of the best, or anything else of that sort - but I do know that I'm finding many useful articles to me as long as what I want to learn is the commercial transportation industry from the point of view of participants in that industry.

From the point of view of a manufacturer (or potential manufacturer) of class 8 semi's, this is a site that'll start populating your customer point of view about the industry.
Trucking Archives - FreightWaves

One interesting immediate observation - there are really 2 customer points of view to populate. One is the fleet buyer and operator of trucks, and the other is the truck driver point of view. An example of this latter POV:
Commentary: Truck drivers are aging… or are we entering a golden age in trucking? - FreightWaves

The point that I get here - today's reality is there aren't enough truck drivers, and there are enough negatives to the profession, that considering the in-cabin amenities for drivers has become part of driver retention. The article also talks about upcoming autonomous technology and points out that there's a lot of other stuff that drivers do beyond "drive the truck". Agree or disagree - it's at least worth understanding the insight.