Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

True mileage of a 100kw MX in winter switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Snowflake generation.....Unless you have tried to do a intercity trip in something like a 24kWh Leaf in winter, against wind and with wet roads you haven't experienced true range anxiety :).

ROFL!!!!!
iss_11733_02176.jpg

Sooooo true......

• Funny
Reactions: CyberShy
I get regularly 300km out of the x75 even during the Finnish winter, last weeked I could have broken the epa range (385km) when it was +4c and i still have studded tires on.

The problem is speed! In Switzerland we drive way faster than in Finland, especially in winter. 125-130 km/h is not uncommon to flow with the traffic, highway are everywhere. Consumption go crazy high (260-280 wh/km not uncommon). We also have mountains to climb (400-500 wh/km, even more) and regen is often limited downhill because the battery is often not warm enough. (Preheat battery is a nice stuff but we should be able to switch on ourselves on demand, especially if we know we have to drive only downhill after start)

• Helpful
Reactions: rymannphilippe
Snow or COLD conditions such as in the mountains of the Sierras I use the rule of 50% efficiency. The X is nice but HEAVY. I used up about 180 miles of rated range going a distance of 70 miles from Rocklin, CA to Truckee, CA but of course I was going 85mph with three adults in the car and a bunch of ski equipment. It was COLD but dry.

The X and S have the ENERGY graph and that is very useful especially when you put in the navigation. If you used TRIP view then it will tell you the estimated range you have to get there along with range left. Super useful.

Below is one I found of someone's.. i'm heading back up to the mountains again tonight so will post a few pics of mine later on

2016_tesla_model-x_cc_lt_523161_717.jpg

The problem is speed! In Switzerland we drive way faster than in Finland, especially in winter. 125-130 km/h is not uncommon to flow with the traffic, highway are everywhere. Consumption go crazy high (260-280 wh/km not uncommon). We also have mountains to climb (400-500 wh/km, even more) and regen is often limited downhill because the battery is often not warm enough. (Preheat battery is a nice stuff but we should be able to switch on ourselves on demand, especially if we know we have to drive only downhill after start)

What Switzerland’ do you live in? When I lived there for 13 years, I kept it right at 120 (actual) because one registered km above gets you a ticket, and there are SO many cameras... and given that my X speedometer seems to be perfectly calibrated, I’d not be doing anything above the limit in her!

I just use percent. And you'll get 3-5 km per percent with the X100D. So, if you have say 43% remaining, you can go between 43% x 3 km/% = 129 km (bad conditions, winter) and 43% x 5 km/% = 215 km (good conditions, summer).

Thanks Yggdrasill
You nail'd it exactly. Thanks, Thanks. Thanks.

We are years away from FSD because even a easy to made battery indicator for summer / winter is 30-60% off and no way any EV Company build in a adjustment to set it up correctly (not even think about the computer can learn this stuff from owner usage).

PS: by the way: why I can't setup the blinks for blinker tabs, why I can't setup honk for close the car....... and many 10000x little small pieces more. Tesla is a freaking computer with wheels, why the heck they don't use it like a computer and fill it with cool stuff.
I don't get it.