Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump economic/energy plan coming this week (8-7-16)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RubberToe

Supporting the greater good
Jun 28, 2012
El Lay
Well, for those worried that Mr. Trump has jumped the shark in recent weeks, fear not. According to this Fortune story, we are about to hear the candidates well thought out plan for the future of our economy:

Donald Trump Is Proposing The Biggest Tax Cuts Since Ronald Reagan's Presidency

Highlights include:

The biggest tax cut since Reagan was president, with a top corporate rate of only 15%. The good news here is that the plan will "only" cost $3,000,000,000,000 in lost revenue. This should play well with the "conservative" crowd. Some real conservative values on display there, spending $3,000,000,000,000 of future generations money. Maybe he can get Sam Brownback from Kansas to oversee this tax cut, given the success he has had in Kansas cutting their taxes. :eek:

S&P Drops Kansas Credit Rating, Citing Ongoing Budget Issues

Kansas budget cuts force 200 layoffs at state mental health centers

State financial woes are the new normal in Kansas

The other brilliant part is that he is going to "revitalize the American economy", by making major changes to U.S. energy policy that will make the country the biggest producer in the world of oil and gas, as well as coal. I don't care who you are, but that sure sounds to me like an energy policy for the 21st century. Oil, gas and coal production, biggest producer in the world! :eek:

I just don't get it. It's like, whatever doesn't work, they just insist that we just need "more of it", and then things will be great. Brownback cut taxes to zero for 330,000 businesses in Kansas back in 2012, and is turning that state into a 3rd world country. All the projections about how much that was going to make the economy boom turned into so much BS. It just gets worse and worse there every month, and the Kansas Supreme Court is forcing the Governor to provide adequate funding for the schools. Even the Republicans there are turning on him now:

Editorial: Kansas voters held legislators accountable on Tuesday

With any luck, this will be the last nail in Trump's coffin.

RT

News Flash: We interrupt the live coverage of the 13 wild fires burning in the Western U.S. to bring you Trump's energy plan...

Trump: "We have enough oil, gas and coal to burn for hundreds of years!"

RT: Perhaps we should consider starting the phase out after maybe 80-90 years, of course, only if it doesn't impact economic growth!

Back to the wild fire coverage...

• Funny
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Here in California we take great pride in our ability to: 1) assess the state of most anything technological, 2) think through whether some great fundamental improvement is possible, and 3) implement disruptive changes to how it works. Tesla and Apple come to mind as prime examples of these kinds of companies.

So I took great pride in seeing how one local business is already preparing for the future of Trump's energy policy:

And before all you "clean coal deniers" start jumping all over this, please see the following picture. This proves beyond a shadow of scientific doubt that coal is indeed good for the environment. The business owner told me personally that the clean coal dust in the proximity of the chute is all that is required to sustain the beautiful flowers sitting right above it. In fact, he told me that they did not even need water because everything the plants needed was entirely contained within the clean coal dust! Something like this could only have been figured out here in California. My fellow citizens in Wyoming and West Virginia can look forward to a very healthy, clean and profitable future indeed.