Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump picks climate denier to head EPA transition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting you bring this up . . .

You just don't understand that on average, conservatives and liberals approach "social media" differently. My wife, not I, brought up the following observation: all of her friends (which interestingly didn't necessarily vote for Trump) have stopped posting on Facebook, etc. because of the ridicule they have seen of anyone that expresses a "non-mainstream" opinion. Not even a "I support Trump" opinion. But a "hey, wait a minute let's think this through" opinion.

In a nutshell, MANY people don't want to engage with liberals anymore because of how radicalized they have become.

Case in point, look at all the name-calling in this thread. If you tally it up, the bulk of it is not from conservative viewpoints, which are trying to ENGAGE people in some form of dialog, it is from the liberal viewpoints which insist on calling people names.

Hypocritical perhaps?

Let's keep in mind that Trump is not a conservative and conservatives are not a majority in the USA. Conservatives only voted for Trump because he was not Clinton (which he is in many ways, ironically) and others were just not voting Hillary.

80 000 voters in Michigan did not indicate their choice for president and Trump won by 10 000 votes.

Last edited:
Except now the trolls run the White House

Well I was talking about guys like Keef Wivaneff, that file fake NHSTA reports and come here and post nonsense like it's their full-time job. And people like Ed Niedermeyer and Bertel Schmitt that make it their mission to write nonsense anti-Tesla articles. I dislike calling it "fake news" -- The Daily Show is fake news. Their (Ed N and BS) articles are just straight up lies, disguised as real news.

Reactions: EinSV and bkp_duke
Well I was talking about guys like Keef Wivaneff, that file fake NHSTA reports and come here and post nonsense like it's their full-time job. And people like Ed Niedermeyer and Bertel Schmitt that make it their mission to write nonsense anti-Tesla articles. I dislike calling it "fake news" -- The Daily Show is fake news. Their (Ed N and BS) articles are just straight up lies, disguised as real news.

Considering that this election has been won thanks to fake news you should not dismiss their power. Truth is not what it used to be.

Considering that this election has been won thanks to fake news you should not dismiss their power. Truth is not what it used to be.

Not dismissing their power. Sorry if I gave that impression. I was attempting to voice my displeasure at the apparent re-branding of propaganda as "fake news". Please call it what it is. Lies, and propaganda. In this Tesla case, paid for by special interests like the fossil fuel industry.

Reactions: bkp_duke and Vitold
Not dismissing their power. Sorry if I gave that impression. I was attempting to voice my displeasure at the apparent re-branding of propaganda as "fake news". Please call it what it is. Lies, and propaganda. In this Tesla case, paid for by special interests like the fossil fuel industry.
Actually, paid for by taxpayers like you. The owner of the propaganda outlet is the up and coming White House Press Secretary

Do the statements that Trump made on Tuesday indicate he is 'softening' his position on the human impact of climate change?

Trump admits humans have 'some connectivity' on climate change - CNNPolitics.com

Perhaps Trump has considered that his previous sound bites on climate change have put him in an awkward position. Bashing science might have been effective tool for capturing a segment of the electorate. As President, Donald the denier isn't going to get off the hook as easily as he did with those lame presidential debate moderators. My guess is that he is now looking for a way to avoid becoming the only world leader to deny that climate change is happening. Individuals who fly from facts only increase polarization. If he wants to unify, recognizing there's a real problem would be a decent start.

We would have had a similar environment fight with many of the other Republicans as well. It just would have been without all of the misogyny, xenophobia, torture, mocking of disabled people, etc, that makes Donald Trump so intolerable. Climate change is such an obvious issue, with solid theory, mountains of data and research backing it up, and extreme risk. Sometimes I lose heart. I really care about my species, but sometimes I'm not convinced it deserves to survive. Sometimes I just want to watch it all burn just for the "I told you so" later. The saving grace is remembering that there are good people out there, and turning my back on the whole of society is not much different than the types of prejudices I battle against (e.g. a Muslim registry). I must fight for them, those good people, even if some of them fight against me.

But it is hard. It's so much harder when you care about the outcome. The thought that I might lose this fight and have to watch the world burn anyway is a difficult burden to bare. And Donald Trump winning the presidency is a sign that we are currently losing the game. Certainly that we lost an important fight. I don't see it as a Democrat loss. Or a liberal loss. Or a progressive loss. But as a loss for all humanity. So many other Americans don't agree with me, and that scares me more than anything. Dread. For the first time in my life, I think I know the meaning.

We would have had a similar environment fight with many of the other Republicans as well. It just would have been without all of the misogyny, xenophobia, torture, mocking of disabled people, etc, that makes Donald Trump so intolerable. Climate change is such an obvious issue, with solid theory, mountains of data and research backing it up, and extreme risk. Sometimes I lose heart. I really care about my species, but sometimes I'm not convinced it deserves to survive. Sometimes I just want to watch it all burn just for the "I told you so" later. The saving grace is remembering that there are good people out there, and turning my back on the whole of society is not much different than the types of prejudices I battle against (e.g. a Muslim registry). I must fight for them, those good people, even if some of them fight against me.

But it is hard. It's so much harder when you care about the outcome. The thought that I might lose this fight and have to watch the world burn anyway is a difficult burden to bare. And Donald Trump winning the presidency is a sign that we are currently losing the game. Certainly that we lost an important fight. I don't see it as a Democrat loss. Or a liberal loss. Or a progressive loss. But as a loss for all humanity. So many other Americans don't agree with me, and that scares me more than anything. Dread. For the first time in my life, I think I know the meaning.
The majority of the people do agree with you, the majority of the Electoral College do not BUT if you read the NYT article from Tuesday Trump has flopped again and said he now thinks there is something to climate change and may not pull out of the Paris agreement. We will just have to wait and see.

Reactions: ModelX

Do not give up, I grew up in the 60's and we accomplished many good things by speaking up. Trump is only one person and he is going to find out that he cannot dictate in government like he does in business. Only if people speak up and demand what is right will things change. I will try do do what I can do and even if it is a tiny piece of the total and if everyone does the same it will change things for the better.

You don't have to wait. Look up his WH appointments
The only ones that really concern me is Bannon and Giuliani (if he picks him). Really @SageBrush - this guy has no basic beliefs in anything that doesn't serve his own ego. He's been on both sides of almost every issue over the past several years so he can flip and flop with us or against us. That's why he's dangerous.