Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump picks climate denier to head EPA transition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's sad that he picked a complete moron to lead the EPA, be glad I wasn't elected, the EPA would be shutdown, and I would have pushed no regulation if you used renewal energy, if you don't used renewable, I would tax you at a double digit rate!!
But I am with BKP Duke, I too couldn't support the Tammany Hall political corruption or the damage we would do to the Supreme Court and had to pick "the enemy of my enemy." While climate change is a serious threat, we have other issues as well related to National Security. I am hoping that once Trump gets educated by Michael T. Flynn (one of his Defense Advisors) on the global security threat, he will quickly understand the tie to climate change and the environment. Its amazing how being thrown into serious national problems change your perspective.

NATIONAL SECURITY IMPLICATIONS OF CLIMATE-RELATED

Military experts say climate change poses 'significant risk' to security

Last edited:
I am hoping that once Trump gets educated by Michael T. Flynn (one of his Defense Advisors) on the global security threat, he will quickly understand the tie to climate change and the environment.

Keep hoping.... a hoax can't be a threat to national security. Time to face facts... there is ZERO chance that the government will lift a finger to address climate change in the next ~4 years. It's all up to the free market now... god help us :(

We'll be lucky if Trump doesn't do to solar nationally what NV Energy did in Nevada in a desperate bid to save coal...

I'll throw this out there, I voted for Trump for the SOLE REASON to keep Clinton out of office. I am appalled that people would overlook that in the history of our country many individuals have been convicted of treason, hanged or shot, for far less than she did.

I assume you mean the whole email thing. If you are referring to something else, please clarify. But in the meantime, can you name a single name of one of these many treasonous individuals? Even Fox News(!) Past Americans Charged With Treason says that there have been very few Americans convicted of treason.

One example?

Follow the money, pick one: Clinton Cash Scandals - YouTube

My personal favorite is the Rain Forest destruction video - kinda keeps it on topic too - this is an environmental issue.

Also, I am an environmentalist, republican, veteran, college educated and don't fit the stereotype that the media tried to paint.

Keep hoping.... a hoax can't be a threat to national security. Time to face facts... there is ZERO chance that the government will lift a finger to address climate change in the next ~4 years. It's all up to the free market now... god help us :(

We'll be lucky if Trump doesn't do to solar nationally what NV Energy did in Nevada in a desperate bid to save coal...

I agree that hope is not a strategy and I agree that our dependance on USG lifting a finger will be limited to the middle digit. We will have work to do.... coal won't last forever either and neither will Trump - start planning for the next election now - we need to stop preaching and start doing - Get a Tesla or bicycle, get solar, get good insulation, eat more locally, and support ETHICAL leaders that do it for the common good of the community - not the common good of their personal wealth. If not - this is guaranteed to be our future

Reactions: diesel
While using a private email server to conduct government business was hardly the wisest move, the FBI has cleared Hillary after multiple investigations. The issue is settled there was no overt instance of corruption.
I love how the liberals try to say that the fact that she hasn't been prosecuted or convicted of any crimes means that she didn't commit any crimes, I refer you to the many failed prosecutions of mafia types, who committed many heinous crimes, one of the most famous prosecutions was that of al capone who the government could only get him on tax evasion charges after his books fell into investigators hands. Just because the corrupt politicized US justice dept. refused to follow proper protocols by not convening a grand jury to determine if the evidence could support a prosecution she wasn't cleared of her crimes, she was just given a free pass.

Unfortunately they commuted the sentence of many, that should have been been more severely punished.
Commuting a sentence only happens after the conviction. I'd still like to know of a single example of someone being convicted of treason (commuted or otherwise) for doing something less important than Hillary's email server.

• Disagree
While using a private email server to conduct government business was hardly the wisest move, the FBI has cleared Hillary after multiple investigations. The issue is settled there was no overt instance of corruption.
I guess you are so bound by your ideology that you've ignored her and bubba's corruption dating back 40+ years. google whitewater, or the stories about her performance on watergate senate committee staff that was investigating nixon, right out of the box she was noted as being an unethical deceitful liar.

I'll throw this out there, I voted for Trump for the SOLE REASON to keep Clinton out of office. I am appalled that people would overlook that in the history of our country many individuals have been convicted of treason, hanged or shot, for far less than she did. It's an incredible example of the Oligarchy that exists with the "political elite" in this country being held to a completely different standard. Of the two choices, Trump was the only one I thought (rightly or wrongly - ONLY time will tell) that had any chance of breaking up that corrupt political machinery.
You can call the Clintons an Oligarchy or "political elite" all you want, and as a subjective opinion, that's as valid as anyone's, and you can choose to vote for a candidate based on that.

With that said, there hasn't been anything prosecuted successfully under 18 U.S. Code § 793 that's even close to what Hillary Clinton did.

James Comey said it best...

James Comey said:
In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...lary-clintons-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

If you're interested in the particulars, this link is informative.

Law Professor Explains Why Hillary Clinton "Won't Be Indicted And Shouldn't Be" Over Her Email Server

Last edited:

Vote with your dollars! I've decided to avoid or minimize purchasing products from companies and industries with headquarters and/or substantial operations in states supporting Trump. I will not condone the hateful and unreasonable behavior I saw during the election as a voter or as a consumer.

I'll throw this out there, I voted for Trump for the SOLE REASON to keep Clinton out of office. I am appalled that people would overlook that in the history of our country many individuals have been convicted of treason, hanged or shot, for far less than she did. It's an incredible example of the Oligarchy that exists with the "political elite" in this country being held to a completely different standard. Of the two choices, Trump was the only one I thought (rightly or wrongly - ONLY time will tell) that had any chance of breaking up that corrupt political machinery.

What confounds a lot of us is how in the world Trump represents a lesser evil. Is it because he doesn't really have any skeletons in the closet because he IS THE skeleton?

Sure I can understand anger at an establishment that doesn't hold itself accountable. But, Trump doesn't either. He openly said he gets away with things that other people can't. That he can grope a woman, and get away with it.

It doesn't just end with that.

He's accused of committing fraud because of what transpired with Trump University, and he's going to have his day in court.

He never released his tax returns, and that should show you that he's hiding something.

You say you don't like liberals calling you stupid, but Trump constantly calls people stupid or retarded.

In every shape and form Trump is a worse person ethically, and morally than Clinton.

I could still understand a person voting for Trump if was purely ideological. If you denied Climate change, and you were aligned with Trump on other issues. Or if you really hated minorities and wanted to kick them in the gut.

But, no instead you voted for him and by doing that you took a big giant dump on the environment. You know government programs have a MASSIVE impact.

What's the point of even partaking in this forum topic? You basically said the offenses of one human has more weight than caring for the planet. Caring for the place you live. It's like burning down your house because of a spider.

Last edited:
And as people pitch the idea of uniting the county after a divisive election.... it's really, REALLY hard to accept a difference of opinion when you start with a difference of FACT.

Bingo!

If any of them wanted to work as a unit/bring the country together etc., etc.., they'd not have attacked each other (often hitting below the belt) is such disrespectful ways for the last year+. Now they want me to believe - group hug, let's all be friends. Are you kidding me?!

• Disagree
I didn't, and never did. I'm a conservative (not republican) but consider myself a STAUNCH environmentalist.

The problem is this:
People like yourself assume that just because someone votes republican, they agree with EVERYTHING on their agenda. Nothing could be further from the truth. But for some of us, we may vote for a Republican because we have a strong belief on one particular stance they have taken on an issue, and that may in fact out-weigh everything else.

As a sidebar, I also hate being called "stupid" by the liberal "elite". I have two doctorates and by any and all definitions am more educated that most of those "elites". Just because I don't have the same view on an issue as them does not make me stupid.
And I hate being called an "elite" just because I'm liberal. So we are even. I think we should all stop generalizing about others. That cuts both ways.

I would only say this: people who agree on threat of global warming need to unite and act. In history of man, science has never been believed by the masses, particularly if it calls into question beliefs or threatens prosperity. So the few who get it need to evangelize and make change happen... or else our grandchildren or great grandchildren will be the last human generation.

I guess you are so bound by your ideology that you've ignored her and bubba's corruption dating back 40+ years. google whitewater, or the stories about her performance on watergate senate committee staff that was investigating nixon, right out of the box she was noted as being an unethical deceitful liar.

Don't see the point. Or are you going to claim that Trump isn't also an unethical deceitful liar? Just. Try.

Vote with your dollars! I've decided to avoid or minimize purchasing products from companies and industries with headquarters and/or substantial operations in states supporting Trump. I will not condone the hateful and unreasonable behavior I saw during the election as a voter or as a consumer.

You do realize that most of the states that supported Trump, had large populations of people that did not vote for him? This kind of generalizing is just as dangerous as judging someone based off of their color or religion.

If you argue that they relocate, then what people will stand against the views you appose?