Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump picks climate denier to head EPA transition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are passing the point of return now believe it or not. Even if all emissions stopped today the Earth would continue to warm due to the complex nature of the feedbacks involved.
I'd love it if you could include the source(s) for this statement. I follow the work of Dr. James Hansen and if I understand his comments correctly, Hansen does (as of the Paris agreement signing this past year) NOT think a runaway positive feedback was likely as CO2 would not be high enough, long enough, to cause such an event. Hansen is more concerned with relocating the 100's of millions to 1-2 billion humans that will be flooded from their homes or had farming disrupted and violent storms if the ocean conveyor shuts down. BTW: most of the displaced humans are simple living/not well prepared to "blend" in to western society so who's going to take them?
I think one of the least discussed elements of CC is national security; many groups hostile to the U.S. do actively leverage the U.S. inaction on climate change as a recruiting tool to grow their combatant and financial assets.

HAHAHAHA!!! That's great. Another New Yorker actually knows something about the real life history of California (not the advertisement version), and knows what's best for California? That's so damn typical. Heck we had 2 people running for control of the country who think that way. There was no real 3rd option.

We Californians with roots and history dating back to before statehood do not WANT to be New Yorkers. I do not even enjoy visiting that region on business, and would not live there even if I was automatically made Senator like some transplants to New York were.

I agree that SF and LA should succeed from the Union as they are just suburbs of NYC/DC. But those of us who do not want the gov't to assist us in the bathroom during the wiping process have no need for ultra-urban dictatorial control over our lives don't want to succeed from the Union. We just want to be free, which means getting rid of LA and SF.

HAHAHAHA!!! That's great. Another New Yorker actually knows something about the real life history of California (not the advertisement version), and knows what's best for California? That's so damn typical. Heck we had 2 people running for control of the country who think that way. There was no real 3rd option.

We Californians with roots and history dating back to before statehood do not WANT to be New Yorkers. I do not even enjoy visiting that region on business, and would not live there even if I was automatically made Senator like some transplants to New York were.

I agree that SF and LA should succeed from the Union as they are just suburbs of NYC/DC. But those of us who do not want the gov't to assist us in the bathroom during the wiping process have no need for ultra-urban dictatorial control over our lives don't want to succeed from the Union. We just want to be free, which means getting rid of LA and SF.
It would be much more cost effective and make more sense to build a wall around NORCO, California and just keep the hate, vitriol and BS inside.

Reactions: apacheguy
It would be much more cost effective and make more sense to build a wall around NORCO, California and just keep the hate, vitriol and BS inside.
That's just McRat running off his pie-hole. There are plenty of decent people who grew up and/or live in the IE, including Norco/Pedley/Corona, and I guess Eastvale now. People who are tired of CA can vote with their actions and move someplace else.

Reactions: msnow
Autocorrect is not always correct automatically. But it is auto, which is correct. :D

The concept of dividing California into two states is fairly old. The idea that the handwringers (especially from Hollywood) should be allowed to start their own country is mine.

They would have a really hard time choosing a good dictator. Is Rob Reiner still alive? He's from NYC, so would make an excellent dictator of West Kali.

Autocorrect is not always correct automatically. But it is auto, which is correct. :D

The concept of dividing California into two states is fairly old. The idea that the handwringers (especially from Hollywood) should be allowed to start their own country is mine.

They would have a really hard time choosing a good dictator. Is Rob Reiner still alive? He's from NYC, so would make an excellent dictator of West Kali.
No, we will just keep it as one state for the tax base and beautiful scenery. How does a President Larry David (ex New Yorker) and Vice President Cher sound to you? :)

With New Delhi now surpassing China as the #1 polluted city on Earth, Donald Trump has dispatched his EPA transition team to study exactly how the new administration can help the US "catch up" to the developing world cities in this respect. Initial reports back are that the transition team is very impressed with India's complete lack of pollution controls on all motor vehicles.

EPA transition lead Myron Ebell got a quick chance to put his political theory degree to work once there. "The Indians have really got this figured out", he said. "In little more than a decade, they have gone from being one of the poorest countries in the world, to one where almost everyone can now afford a car".

The complete lack of any pollution control devices saves approximately $74 off a comparable vehicle being sold in California. This has allowed for an unprecedented increase in employment in the Indian auto industry. And many more Indians are now able to afford the "fully enclosed" gas masks that have become the fashion rage, versus the old style paper ones that only filtered out the larger diesel particulates.

Myron was excited to see all the progress being made, and was looking forward to getting back to the U.S. to begin working with the Detroit automakers to start moving away from the onerous pollution regulations that were forced on the auto industry by the Obama administration.

Automakers ask Trump not to make them produce electric cars in first lobbying effort since election

Full India story can be seen here:
Delhi a wake-up call for world on air pollution: Unicef - Times of India

[URL=http://s882.photobucket.com/user/RubberToe420/media/factory_zpsjvuosamo.jpg.html][/URL]

Emissions stuff ain't cheap. A solenoid driven EGR valve is more than $74 on any car made. Just the wholesale price of the platinum in your cat is $80.

In the US, we can't even fathom how cheap cars are to make when you don't have mandates. Robotics and CNC tools do miracles.

New cars start at under $4,000 US in India.

The Tata Nano GenX is $3,125 USD:

nano-genx.jpg

Tesla got to where it is today through government subsidies and loans. $7500 tax credit made the purchase possible for a lot of folks.

On the flip side, oil and natural gas are also heavily subsidized and we are nowhere near to paying their true cost. The cost of burning and emitting is placed on future generations under the current scheme.
This isn't completely accurate.... Tesla got where they were today because Elon took the money from selling Pay Pal and invested in it.