Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump pulls out of Paris climate deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fake news, there is no there, there

There is a lot of pie in the sky dreaming on the left, but there is a there, there. My partner is an attorney and she has been deep in the legal weeds looking at this story.

It's almost certain at this point a number of crimes have been committed by people in Trump's inner circle if not Trump himself and investigators have proof. Time will tell how all this shakes out, but chances are high somebody is going to prison over all this. Probably a number of people.

Believe what you want, it will take a while but it isn't fake news. Criminal investigations can go slowly. Large scale, complex, and/or very important investigations can go even slower. In this case, it's all three.

Here's what I consider 'lack of school' nonsense, which is far worse that "schoolyard nonsense". The insistence that Republicans are Pro-Pollution. It is dangerous lies cast by folk who really do not care about ecology whatsoever, just political power.
  • The environmental movement in North American politics can be traced as far back as to Teddy Roosevelt.
  • The first Federal air quality initiative was under Dwight Eisenhower.
  • The EPA was formed under Richard Nixon.
  • CARB was formed under Governor Ronald Reagan.
  • The massive 1990 Clean Air Act was under George H. Bush.
That is not to say the Democratic Party in the USA was not also very active in air quality issues, they certainly were. However, the lack of proper education of many people in this thread, including you, is dangerous hyperbole. Do you really think that Union Workers in the Automotive and Fossil Fuel industries are huge supporters of Clean Air initiatives? They are told to vote a straight Democratic ballot.

When you make the false claim that ecology is a One Party Issue, then you open our country up to unrestricted warfare by Union Interests who are a major funding source for Democratic candidates.

If your goal is dirtier air, you are taking the correct route by insisting that Democrats are Pro-Ecology and Republicans are Pro-Pollution.

The greatest damage to our air quality and CO2 levels in modern times was started by President Jimmy Carter. He put into motion a plan to stop nuclear powerplants. He is perhaps responsible for millions of deaths by pulmonary disease as well as billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. However he is most famous for putting a poorly engineered solar water heater on the White House that caused more harm than good.
That was the Republican Party of yesterday, for which I often voted. Can't you tell the difference? The new one has no guiding lights. No sense of fiscal responsibility, just want to cut taxes, spend more, and pray for impossible growth, while crapping in the punchbowl of global markets which will diminish growth. That's why I'm an ex republican.

That was the Republican Party of yesterday, for which I often voted. Can't you tell the difference? The new one has no guiding lights. No sense of fiscal responsibility, just want to cut taxes, spend more, and pray for impossible growth, while crapping in the punchbowl of global markets which will diminish growth. That's why I'm an ex republican.
so you've aligned with the anti US, anti capitalist, champions of criminals and the corrupt?
and you really think that you've chosen wisely?

there is no rationalizing with the irrational

My posts were rational and reasoned. Of course, you can disagree with the points I make, which I welcome and enjoy the debate, but calling my writings "irrational" to the point that you cannot reason with me, only reflects bad on you and your ability, or lack thereof, to carry on a rational debate with someone you do not agree with.

and we want to push grannies off the cliff by cutting off medicaid. you liberals are lemmings

Sometimes I think you're really a staunch democratic, who posts here as a right wing Trump supporter with comments like these, just to make the right look bad. If so, you're doing a great job.

Last edited:
fake news, there is no there, there

None of us know if there is a there, there. But even many staunch Republicans agree we need to get to the bottom of Russia's involvement in your election, wherever it may lead, and not just discount it as fake news. But not ol' Kort. He's lined up right behind Trump, who himself is lined up behind Putin, as it all being just "fake news".

Actually, Putin recently said it may have been "patriotic" Russian hackers who targeted the election. So Kort and Trump are even losing Putin on this issue since he's now abandoning at least part of the fake news diversion. But then again, Putin knows where this investigation is going so perhaps it's in his interest to hang those patriots out to dry when the path leads to Russia. We all know patriotic Russians were involved without the Russian government's involvement -- that makes total sense (sarcasm). In fact, Putin's latest theory is difficult for most of us to accept, including Kort and Trump, but for totally different reasons, since for Kort and Trump if the Russians were involved, albeit "patriots", then it's not fake news at all and we can't have that, right Kort?

Status
Not open for further replies.