Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump Resort Hotel Staff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are plenty unemployed folks who are seeking jobs. Don't worry. your bed and room will be made.

There are plenty of unemployed folk who would not make your bed and clean your room, too. Most people want a nice easy job, preferably management, with good pay, but, as in most upscale countries, the lousy jobs with poorer pay require people from over the border. I saw it all over Europe, with Italians and Romanians doing the low work. I see it all over California. Don't kid yourself. Try to imagine one of your neighbor's teenagers going out to find a job working in a motel.

There are plenty of unemployed folk who would not make your bed and clean your room, too. Most people want a nice easy job, preferably management, with good pay, but, as in most upscale countries, the lousy jobs with poorer pay require people from over the border. I saw it all over Europe, with Italians and Romanians doing the low work. I see it all over California. Don't kid yourself. Try to imagine one of your neighbor's teenagers going out to find a job working in a motel.

I have traveled the world so I know what you are talking about.

My point is, I'd rather pay more for the service where the pay actually goes to citizens and legal immigrants who pay fair share to provide back to community.

Same logic applies to farming and agriculture where those labors most likely impacted.

There will be people who will seek jobs for their own benefit. Can't speak for people who are so lazy and don't want to do certain jobs because they too good for it and for some reason they think they are entitled to lots of things that they should earn for.

I have traveled the world so I know what you are talking about.

My point is, I'd rather pay more for the service where the pay actually goes to citizens and legal immigrants who pay fair share to provide back to community.

Illegal immigrants still pay taxes, still pay rent, buy food, buy the occasional luxury item.

Also, even though they pay into Social Security they can't withdraw from it. This will be the saving grace of Social Security one day. That and H1B's, which is in the same situation.

Or are you concerned about the $100 per months on average that they send back to their parents in other countries. Mmm. Times 11 million immigrants = $1.1 billion/year. How much money does companies send out to China for outsourcing again?

Here's a though - instead of outsourcing jobs, let's allow anybody who wants to work here in (with appropriate background checks), but apply slightly-better than Chinese-style labor regulations and slightly-better than Middle Eastern style immigration policy to that sector.

The entire Western Economy and lifestyle is based on there existing a labor class. So, let's stop kidding ourselves while allowing, neigh, depending on that "illegal" behavior, and just formalize the sector. Perfect doesn't need to be the enemy of better.

Illegal immigrants still pay taxes, still pay rent, buy food, buy the occasional luxury item.

Also, even though they pay into Social Security they can't withdraw from it. This will be the saving grace of Social Security one day. That and H1B's, which is in the same situation.

Or are you concerned about the $100 per months on average that they send back to their parents in other countries. Mmm. Times 11 million immigrants = $1.1 billion/year. How much money does companies send out to China for outsourcing again?

Here's a though - instead of outsourcing jobs, let's allow anybody who wants to work here in (with appropriate background checks), but apply slightly-better than Chinese-style labor regulations and slightly-better than Middle Eastern style immigration policy to that sector.

The entire Western Economy and lifestyle is based on there existing a labor class. So, let's stop kidding ourselves while allowing, neigh, depending on that "illegal" behavior, and just formalize the sector. Perfect doesn't need to be the enemy of better.

I didn't know Income tax is not considered as tax based on what you said above. Yes they have to pay sales tax, rent, etc. which is obvious. However I am not concerned about $100 sent to their families either.

I've seen those criminals use SSN from deceased person who wants to be little more legit but that's an identity theft/fraud which makes it cherry on top of law they already broke.

What I want is legal immigration.

Those criminals broke the law and they should face it by being deported. I do agree with you allowing people to come to U.S with work visa (non-immigration) with process we already have.

You will not understand properly what legal immigrants go through unless you went trough U.S immigration process and how criminals gets treated fairly just because they provide the labor what most people would not do and they just want to support their families back home.

I didn't know Income tax is not considered as tax based on what you said above. Yes they have to pay sales tax, rent, etc. which is obvious. However I am not concerned about $100 sent to their families either.

I've seen those criminals use SSN from deceased person who wants to be little more legit but that's an identity theft/fraud which makes it cherry on top of law they already broke.
Employers are the ones withholding FICA. Yes, it's on a bad SSN, but it still gets paid into the funds. Nobody pays any Federal Income Tax on minimum wage jobs, legal or not.

What I want is legal immigration.
Me too - that was my point. We depend our lifestyle on illegal immigration, but don't allow any legal path for this. And it doesn't even need to be immigration. Just formally allow people to work here indefinitely without a specific direct immigration path even for their family.

You will not understand properly what legal immigrants go through unless you went trough U.S immigration process and how criminals gets treated fairly just because they provide the labor what most people would not do and they just want to support their families back home.
I am a legal immigrant myself from South Africa so I'm quite familiar with the process.

At the time I did it, it wasn't so bad. Nowadays to hire a highly educated Engineer with 25 years experience they have to go through a 1 in 4 lottery drawing to get an H1B visa. It's disgusting.

I recently drove with someone over the border who we tried to hire from Canada (on a TN visa). It's a person I've known since forever, and worked with before and trust, and we can't find ANYBODY locally to hire - at any price. We recently lost a Software Engineer who at the end we were offering a $1m cash package. Not a manager - a coder! He still got a better offer elsewhere - it's THAT competitive.

To carry on development we will effectively be forced to open a branch in Canada soon. There goes a few million that's not going to be spent into the Seattle area.

Anyway... after much begging & pleading I've finally convinced my Canadian friend to come and work for us, and all was good. Finally, we were able to hire ONE senior engineer after 2.5 years of desperately trying to hire anybody in this CRAZY market!

So what happens at the border? First thing the border officer tells me is: "So... you're getting your friend a job, eh?".

I felt like slapping that officer. How ****ing out of touch ARE they? He's leaving a highly paid position in Canada and we're doing him a FAVOR?? I haven't been so angry in a LONG time.

But this is the governments attitude towards immigrants. Not that we need immigrants to stay competitive with the rest of the world, but that it's some altruistic poor-person outreach program. Like the U.S. is SO special. It's disgusting.

Oh, and Software Engineering apparently is one of those other "jobs that Americans don't want to do" for some reason :(.

Last edited:
There are plenty unemployed folks who are seeking jobs. Don't worry. your bed and room will be made.

I doubt it, if they can't find enough to farm, I doubt they can find enough to clean toilets.

Bitter Harvest: U.S. Farmers Blame Billion-Dollar Losses on Immigration Laws | TIME.com

Georgia's Harsh Immigration Law Costs Millions in Unharvested Crops

US Farmers Depend on Illegal Immigrants

Having hired and fired my share of people, I know how hard it is to get good help and I pay top wages. I can't imagine if I paid minimum wage how difficult it would be to find a decent worker.

Trump takes advantage of oversea's labour, illegal immigrants and every loophole he can. He's all about Trump. Read the lawsuit in the Trump University Case, and Affidavits. He's a classic con artist.

Employers are the ones withholding FICA. Yes, it's on a bad SSN, but it still gets paid into the funds. Nobody pays any Federal Income Tax on minimum wage jobs, legal or not.

There are plenty cases the employers pay cash which i have seen plenty in CA, AZ. No income taxes paid there.

Oh, and Software Engineering apparently is one of those other "jobs that Americans don't want to do" for some reason :(.

I completely agree with you there. Look at tons of kids these days graduating school with skills that won't get them job. Clearly computer science or Mech/Elect engineering are not the popular majors.

What makes me sick most is that those kids (mostly) have no real skills and work in no skill required jobs earning minimum wage think they should be able to make a living with minimum wage so they demand for $15/hr.

I doubt it, if they can't find enough to farm, I doubt they can find enough to clean toilets.

Bitter Harvest: U.S. Farmers Blame Billion-Dollar Losses on Immigration Laws | TIME.com

Georgia's Harsh Immigration Law Costs Millions in Unharvested Crops

US Farmers Depend on Illegal Immigrants

Trump takes advantage of oversea's labour, illegal immigrants and every loophole he can. He's all about Trump. Read the lawsuit in the Trump University Case, and Affidavits. He's a classic con artist.

Trump Univ. issue is very controversial right now. But regardless of what he did/didn't do. As a business man, what's wrong with taking advantage of loopholes, oversea's labor, etc? It's a business not a charity.

Having hired and fired my share of people, I know how hard it is to get good help and I pay top wages. I can't imagine if I paid minimum wage how difficult it would be to find a decent worker.

Very true. You can't expect to hire a quality people from minimum wage and we shouldn't, thus raising prices accordingly.
I'd be more than glad to support a business who respects the law and hires our citizens and legal immigrants rather than using illegals to keep their cost down.

40% in 2002 and now 60% of the payroll in Los Angeles co. is in cash.

WHERE YOUR TAXES GO - ILLEGAL ALIENS

" LA Times, June 2002:

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).

(All 10 from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare. See...

from Center for Immigration Studies | Low-immigration, Pro-immigrant

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

The cost of illegal immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University].

The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens. "

Trump Univ. issue is very controversial right now. But regardless of what he did/didn't do. As a business man, what's wrong with taking advantage of loopholes, oversea's labor, etc? It's a business not a charity.

Trump The Hypocrite: Investing Overseas Fine For Him

Trump Blames China For 'Made in China' Label

It's his hypocrisy that I have a problem with.

40% in 2002 and now 60% of the payroll in Los Angeles co. is in cash.

WHERE YOUR TAXES GO - ILLEGAL ALIENS

" LA Times, June 2002:

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).

(All 10 from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare. See...

from Center for Immigration Studies | Low-immigration, Pro-immigrant

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

The cost of illegal immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University].

The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens. "

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10.2 million people) - Fiction!
Economic Roundtable in Los Angeles issued a report in 2005 on what it called “L.A’s Off-The-Books labor force.” Its research was about the city of Los Angeles, not the entire county, and concluded that there were 3,908,000 wage earners in the city and about 972,000 “informal workers,” meaning they were getting paid under the table. It does not break down how many of them might have been illegal aliens, but the percentage was no where near 40 percent. Los Angeles Almanac estimated number of “unreported jobs” in 2005 in Los Angeles County at 643,000 with a number of workers at 4,090.630.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens - Mostly Truth!
The most commonly quoted source for this is a report by Heather McDonald and published by the Center for Immigration Studies. She repeated her research on April 13, 2005 in testimony before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on “Immigration, Border Security, and Claims” saying that 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide in Los Angeles targeted illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens - Unproven!
We could not find anything to substantiate this. If you browse through the Most Wanted list for the Los Angeles Police Department there are a lot of foreign-born listed, but not how many of them may be illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers - Inaccurate!
According to a report by the Los Angeles Times, about half the births in Los Angeles County in 2004 were to undocumented women. In 1989 California required by law that the state Medi-Cal program be available to pregnant women living in poverty.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally-Fiction!
National statistics would tend to suggest that this claim is not true. A 2007 report by the Immigration Policy Center said that among men 18-39, which represents the majority of prison inmates, the incarceration rate of foreign born was 0.7 percent while the incarceration rate of native born was 3.5 percent. Foreign born Mexicans had an incarceration rate of 0.7 percent in 2000 compared with 5.9 percent for native born men of Mexican descent. The report did not say how many of the foreign born were illegal. A 1993 report to the California Joint Committee on Prison Construction and Operations estimated that more than 15 percent of the 116,000 state prison inmates were illegal aliens. In her congressional testimony (referenced above), Heather McDonald said that the L.A. County Sheriff reported in 2000 that 23% of inmates in county jails were deportable, according to the New York Times. That’s all inmates, however, not just Mexicans.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages - Unproven!
It is known that large numbers of illegal immigrants are crammed into houses and apartments that are too small for the number of people living in them and that others are living in garages, but we could not find anyone who kept statistics on garage-dwellers or how anybody would know their numbers.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border - Unproven!
It is known that gangs do include illegal aliens but coming up with a reliable statistic would be difficult. Again, the gangs operate underground.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal - Unproven!

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking - Mostly Truth!
As the Spanish-speaking population of Los Angeles has grown so has the presence of Spanish-speaking media. We counted about 18 stations in Los Angeles that are either Spanish or are multi-cultural and include Spanish in their music or programming. At this writing, four of the top ten stations in Los Angeles are Spanish and the number-one station is usually Spanish.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County )- Inaccurate But the Real Figures Support the Point!

The U.S.Census Bureau reported that as of 2004, 3.9 million people in L.A.County spoke only English at home; 3.7 million spoke primarily Spanish at home.

11. Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare - Fiction!
The U.S. department of Labor said that the number of farm workers who were undocumented in 1998-1998 was 52%. Regarding welfare, most illegal immigrants are not eligible for welfare except for elementary and high school education and emergency medical care. Children born in the U.S. are citizens and qualify for certain public assistance. But what is generally thought of as welfare is available only to citizens or legal immigrants.

12. Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York) is illegal aliens - Fiction!
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security estimates that the number of illegal aliens increased in 2000 by 408,000 while the general population increased by 32,712,033.

List of Facts and Figures about Illegal Immigration-Mostly Fiction!

Last edited:
Reactions: deonb and GHammer
Trump The Hypocrite: Investing Overseas Fine For Him

Trump Blames China For 'Made in China' Label

It's his hypocrisy that I have a problem with.

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10.2 million people) - Fiction!
Economic Roundtable in Los Angeles issued a report in 2005 on what it called “L.A’s Off-The-Books labor force.” Its research was about the city of Los Angeles, not the entire county, and concluded that there were 3,908,000 wage earners in the city and about 972,000 “informal workers,” meaning they were getting paid under the table. It does not break down how many of them might have been illegal aliens, but the percentage was no where near 40 percent. Los Angeles Almanac estimated number of “unreported jobs” in 2005 in Los Angeles County at 643,000 with a number of workers at 4,090.630.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens - Mostly Truth!
The most commonly quoted source for this is a report by Heather McDonald and published by the Center for Immigration Studies. She repeated her research on April 13, 2005 in testimony before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on “Immigration, Border Security, and Claims” saying that 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide in Los Angeles targeted illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens - Unproven!
We could not find anything to substantiate this. If you browse through the Most Wanted list for the Los Angeles Police Department there are a lot of foreign-born listed, but not how many of them may be illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers - Inaccurate!
According to a report by the Los Angeles Times, about half the births in Los Angeles County in 2004 were to undocumented women. In 1989 California required by law that the state Medi-Cal program be available to pregnant women living in poverty.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally-Fiction!
National statistics would tend to suggest that this claim is not true. A 2007 report by the Immigration Policy Center said that among men 18-39, which represents the majority of prison inmates, the incarceration rate of foreign born was 0.7 percent while the incarceration rate of native born was 3.5 percent. Foreign born Mexicans had an incarceration rate of 0.7 percent in 2000 compared with 5.9 percent for native born men of Mexican descent. The report did not say how many of the foreign born were illegal. A 1993 report to the California Joint Committee on Prison Construction and Operations estimated that more than 15 percent of the 116,000 state prison inmates were illegal aliens. In her congressional testimony (referenced above), Heather McDonald said that the L.A. County Sheriff reported in 2000 that 23% of inmates in county jails were deportable, according to the New York Times. That’s all inmates, however, not just Mexicans.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages - Unproven!
It is known that large numbers of illegal immigrants are crammed into houses and apartments that are too small for the number of people living in them and that others are living in garages, but we could not find anyone who kept statistics on garage-dwellers or how anybody would know their numbers.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border - Unproven!
It is known that gangs do include illegal aliens but coming up with a reliable statistic would be difficult. Again, the gangs operate underground.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal - Unproven!

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking - Mostly Truth!
As the Spanish-speaking population of Los Angeles has grown so has the presence of Spanish-speaking media. We counted about 18 stations in Los Angeles that are either Spanish or are multi-cultural and include Spanish in their music or programming. At this writing, four of the top ten stations in Los Angeles are Spanish and the number-one station is usually Spanish.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County )- Inaccurate But the Real Figures Support the Point!

The U.S.Census Bureau reported that as of 2004, 3.9 million people in L.A.County spoke only English at home; 3.7 million spoke primarily Spanish at home.

11. Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare - Fiction!
The U.S. department of Labor said that the number of farm workers who were undocumented in 1998-1998 was 52%. Regarding welfare, most illegal immigrants are not eligible for welfare except for elementary and high school education and emergency medical care. Children born in the U.S. are citizens and qualify for certain public assistance. But what is generally thought of as welfare is available only to citizens or legal immigrants.

12. Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York) is illegal aliens - Fiction!
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security estimates that the number of illegal aliens increased in 2000 by 408,000 while the general population increased by 32,712,033.

List of Facts and Figures about Illegal Immigration-Mostly Fiction!
I love it, getting schooled by a Canadian on US immigration BS

Reactions: deonb