Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trumpism on Display: AGW Stupidity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
The American contingent at the UN Climate change conference decided to have its own side-show to trumpet nuclear power and 'clean' fossil fuel. The world was treated to this tidbit:

"We strongly believe that no country should have to sacrifice their economic prosperity or energy security in pursuit of environmental sustainability," said Trump adviser Wells Griffith, who spoke at the U.N. event, according to the Associated Press. "Alarmism should not silence realism ... This administration does not see the benefit of being part of an agreement which impedes U.S. economic growth and jobs."

I wish these morons would finally wake up and realize that stable economic prosperity is impossible without environmental sustainability and the future costs of CO2 emissions today far outweigh any immediate benefits.

As renewable energy source economic viability (i.e. profitability) continues rising, any argument or obstinance to retain our overall economic structure on strictly a combustion basis (i.e. fossil fuels) continues weakening.

The steadfast way to move away from fossil fuels is the process of obsolescence. As cell phones displaced land lines, so will electrification based on renewable sources displace petroleum, over time.

Petroleum itself we will always have, and to an extent always need. It is the burning of this resource that must wind down, and will, as non-combustion substitutes prove superior.

Reactions: Unpilot
As renewable energy source economic viability (i.e. profitability) continues rising, any argument or obstinance to retain our overall economic structure on strictly a combustion basis (i.e. fossil fuels) continues weakening.

The steadfast way to move away from fossil fuels is the process of obsolescence. As cell phones displaced land lines, so will electrification based on renewable sources displace petroleum, over time.

Petroleum itself we will always have, and to an extent always need. It is the burning of this resource that must wind down, and will, as non-combustion substitutes prove superior.
Very true, and too late.
Imagine if the collective 'we' had said "lets wait until a market superior product displaces the current ozone destroying stuff we now use." CO2 is similar, only worse.

Last edited: