Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping for some help from the forum please. 1 week and 1 day owner. Just noticed my trunk seems misaligned. How does this look to you? Does your turnk sit flush? Are lights even?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My trunk hatch is a bit off too. I've got a list of 4 things go fix, that being one of them. I first noticed it a couple days after delivery when the seal on my driver's side FWD seemed to be sticking up a bit. On closer inspection, it was fine, the trunk hatch is tilted to the left just enough to cause that seal to look a bit out of alignment and the spacing around the trunk to be a bit less on the driver's side than on the passenger side. Should be able to fix it based on what I can see looking at it. No one ever notices unless I point it out, but once seen it can't be unseen...

Same issue here in 2019.

My model X was delivered 2 weeks back and Tesla says I need to take it body shop to get it fixed (covered under warranty)
They also mentioned that this may not be fully fixed. What does it mean?

The panel gap is 9 mm on the right, while its 4 mm on the left side.

IMG_20190510_175540 (1).jpg

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Same issue here in 2019.

My model X was delivered 2 weeks back and Tesla says I need to take it body shop to get it fixed (covered under warranty)
They also mentioned that this may not be fully fixed. What does it mean?

The panel gap is 9 mm on the right, while its 4 mm on the left side.

View attachment 407549
I have a similar problem with a different outcome. Mines about 2 years old and my trunk has a gap on one side. It all started with the trunk not closing/cinching. Tesla fixed it. Then it started to happen again, but now one side has a gap. They are saying it was done by an external force and it won’t be covered under warranty. How is this not covered under warranty?