TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trunk Alignment

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by MattXowner, Jun 12, 2016.

1. MattXowner

MattXowner Member

Hoping for some help from the forum please. 1 week and 1 day owner. Just noticed my trunk seems misaligned. How does this look to you? Does your turnk sit flush? Are lights even?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. CaliX

CaliX Member

I had the same misalignment and my SC fixed it. Call your SC tell them you want it fixed.

3. Kart

Kart New Member

I got mine 2 week ago and same issue. They noted it on the due bill! not sure what happens next.

4. CaliX

CaliX Member

Call and get an appointment, take it in, they give you a loaner and they send your X to the body shop to fix. Mine looks perfect now.

5. Monkey

Monkey Member

My trunk hatch is a bit off too. I've got a list of 4 things go fix, that being one of them. I first noticed it a couple days after delivery when the seal on my driver's side FWD seemed to be sticking up a bit. On closer inspection, it was fine, the trunk hatch is tilted to the left just enough to cause that seal to look a bit out of alignment and the spacing around the trunk to be a bit less on the driver's side than on the passenger side. Should be able to fix it based on what I can see looking at it. No one ever notices unless I point it out, but once seen it can't be unseen...