Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk and Trunk lighting on 2015 CPO MS 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I finally got my CPO 2015 Model S 70D delivered to my home yesterday. The car was originally in NY and took around 1.5 week to ship to CA. The delivery process was quite smooth and short. Definitely love the car. The overall cosmetic condition is 9.5/10. Some of the small scratches on the part is barely noticeable and the delivery agent told me that service center can fix it for me. I'll give a trial in next week.

One thing I noticed is that the frunk light seems not on, and the trunk light seems only has one, which is super dim. I do some research on google and couldn't find an answer.

My questions are:

1. is the frunk light is standard feature or it needs to have the premium lighting package (my car does not have this package).
2. how many lights in the trunk ? (seems mine only has one)

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• y4Q9YgfzRwaefewf9djbAg.jpg
    y4Q9YgfzRwaefewf9djbAg.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 57
My questions are:

1. is the frunk light is standard feature or it needs to have the premium lighting package (my car does not have this package).
2. how many lights in the trunk ? (seems mine only has one)

Congratulations on the new car!

You should have a working light in the frunk regardless of premium lighting...should be next to the emergency release inside the frunk. The trunk (without premium lighting package) should have one light in the liftgate door. Cars with premium lighting will additionally have two lights in the trunk, one on each side of the trunk opening. Just for completeness (if memory serves), the other lights added by the premium lighting package are: Ambient lighting on the door interiors, rear footwell lights under the front seats, and rear door puddle lights.

Many of the interior lights can be added or upgraded for brightness with aftermarket parts...I've been quite happy with Abstract Ocean's lighting parts (no relationship except as a satisfied customer). I found it pretty straightforward to DIY on almost all of their lighting upgrades (and I was a complete n00b at putting anything non-stock on a car before this). Even if you're not interested in buying the lights, the install guide on their Web site does a good job of documenting where the interior lights are.

Bruce.

PS. Unrelated: I'm going to move this thread to a slightly more suitable subforum.

• Love
Reactions: chenduo8104