TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trunk basement size varies?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sp4rk, Feb 28, 2013.

1. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

#1 sp4rk, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Ok, I was in the Oak Brook "showroom" today and was looking at the White Model S on display there.

I was showing a friend of mine how I had just discovered the bottomless pit this morning ... I had dropped something in the left "sink hole". Went to retrieve it later and it was gone but my hand seemed to go deeper and deeper into the abyss. Then I realize ... wow ... it connects to the foot area for the kids seats. I removed the cover to confirm and sure enough the entire area connects and both abyss, left and right connect.

But.

The Model S on display only had a left abyss. The right one was covered over. By what?

What is my car missing? Sound upgrade. Performance. Is that what's hidden behind a wall there?

Anyone know?

2. Zextraterrestrial

maybe so, maybe so..

I can reach under my right side hex tubing (oct?) but the upper area has something, maybe amp or sub? I swear there is a sub in the rear since the back floor vibrates pretty hard w/ heavy bass but maybe it is just the door speakers?

maybe I'll go 'digging' (I've seen all the goodies in the frunk end)

3. Lightning Jeff

Lightning Jeff Model S #4214

This (right "abyss") is where the subwoofer is on my S. I was feeling around down there the other night. Reached through a hole and up, and definitely felt the cone and soft surround. It felt no larger than 10", and maybe only 8". Also felt like a paper cone, but really hard to tell without seeing it.

4. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

Interesting, I'll have to also investigate this. I have the Sound Studio package and my right 'abyss' is also covered up while my left one is open. I'll turn up the bass on the EQ and pump some bass heavy tracks to see if my sub is actually working. I was wondering where they put the sub in the car...