Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Gap and lack of warranty coverage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upon purchase and pick up of my Tesla I was told that the large gap on the drivers side of my trunk was within standards. I expressed concern and even refused pick up of my vehicle when purchased due to these concerns and begrudgingly agreed to purchase when told it was within tolerance of Tesla.
For the last 9 months I have ignored the large widening gap and never complained because from the beginning I was told it was “normal.” It was not until it was so off that it was hitting the passenger side tail light that I decided to bring it in. I was accused of damaging my car and causing the exact gap that was there from the very beginning. I have never had any accident or body work done to the car and I do not believe adding a sticker decal should have any significance to the trunk operation.
The hinges they accused me of bending are steel hinges. The interior of the trunk is not scratched or damaged and there has never been beyond normal operation and use to shut the trunk.
Tesla refuses to admit there was ever a problem in the beginning. They failed to document the very clear complaint made upon purchase and initial refusal of pick up.
Tesla refuses to warranty out a part that was defective from the very beginning due to their lack of documentation with the initial complaint made when purchasing the vehicle.
It seems as though Tesla can make up and create what ever narrative suits their motives to cover or warranty a part on their vehicles.
I love my Tesla but I am beyond disappointed in the integrity of this company.

• Informative
Reactions: aspushkin