Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Harness Recall - now broken clips when opening and closing trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if anyone has had this issue. I had my trunk recall done and since then I have had some loose clips that appear to make noises and move when I open and close the lid. I took it to Tesla today and they told me that they removed some broken clips but the sound is about the same. I have a suspicion that they didn't really look thoroughly and that the cause of this is likely secondary to them breaking clips during the recall. Has anyone else had this issue?

Did they fix it? I'm still having the issue.
They came by, removed the hard black plastic in the trunk lid, and used an air blower to push out any loose particles. I still have one small rattle, which sounds like one piece that is stuck in the lid. It's better than before though.

I did notice that they didn't put in new clips. I plan on buying some and replacing them myself.

Better to remove the panel before buying new clips from Tesla. That way, you can assess how many you actually need to replace.

Some clips may be reusable, while other may be damaged, or the wrong part/size from when the Tesla Service Center did the cable rework.
The replacement trunk lid trim panel clips I got several months ago for my Model 3, were a different design than what was installed by the factory in 2018.

The trim panel can be difficult to remove without proper pry tools.

Reactions: cylarian