TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trunk lifted and wouldn't close - 3 beeps

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Kensiko, Jul 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

I can see my car from where I work and I just happened to discuss about it. I looked at my car and the trunk was lifted !! It's windy today and I keep my keys in my pocket, and it's in a different pocket today. I thought that its must be my fault ! But I tried to close it with my key, it didn't work !! So I went to the car, pressed the button but it beeped 3 times and didn't close. I decided to close it manually, but the latch didn't seem to have worked.

I went back to work and looked at the app, it said that the trunk was closed. I went back to the car and tried the trunk buttons, everything was normal.

What's the deal ? Why the 3 beeps ? Did the trunk opened by itself due to faulty latch ? I have a service planned next Thursday due to faulty rear left handle, I may be able to get this fixed, if it's an issue.

2. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

3 beeps means it thought there was an obstruction when closing or opening.

3. murphyS90D

murphyS90D Member

If the trunk has been open for a certain, unknown to me, amount of time the automatic close is disabled and it must be closed by hand. It happens when I leave the trunk open in my garage while working on something else.

• Like x 1
  4. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

Thanks that would make sense, it's reassuring because I was constantly looking at my car since this morning, heavy storm coming !

5. sorka

sorka Active Member

Happens to me whenever I leave the trunk open for a long time. No big deal.

• Like x 1