Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor TRUNK LIGHTING BY NORM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super bright LED light strips for the Model S Trunk.
I had several Cubby Drawer customers ask me to come up with a solution with easy install.
Light set includes 2 18" long strips and connection cable that simply connects to the stock trunk lights.

The LEDs a embedded in clear epoxy to protect them from damage, they attach under the parcel shelf support with
small screws or 2 sided tape. All items required for installation are included.

Price is 60.00 delivered Payment can be sent to Paypal [email protected]

Or contact me if you want more info.

Thanks / Norm

See attached photos and see DAerik's video.

Attachments

• IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    412.8 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 494
Thank you Norm on the trunk lighting - looks terrific. I received the tube with lights enclosed, however, one of the end caps was off, and the screws were not included, they must have fell out enroute. Can you send me the package of screws that was to be included? Thanks much, SeaDoc

Installing today.

Drivers side went very quickly. I have the premium sound and the passenger side is a real pain. After trying the passenger side, I could not pull back the lining to access the existing light.

Finally got a long tie wrap and connected the existing light to it, pulled it behind the liner and connected it to the new strip.

Reversed the process to pull the new connector down to the existing light. Far more effort than expected.

They do look great!

Got mine in the mail today, will install on the weekend. Mine not only included the mounting hardware, but also a small drill bit. Not sure it was supposed to be in there as it was loose in the packaging and not in the bag with the rest of the hardware :)

Reactions: Reekdog
Got mine in the mail today, will install on the weekend. Mine not only included the mounting hardware, but also a small drill bit. Not sure it was supposed to be in there as it was loose in the packaging and not in the bag with the rest of the hardware :)

I received mine yesterday, and a drill bit was conveniently included. I also intend to install this weekend.

I have to say these lights are absolutely first class and professional looking. Great job Norm! The LED strip is embedded within a very nice surrounding fixture. I have already plugged them in to see if they work, and they look great and provide 10 times the light of the Abstract Ocean bulbs I installed earlier. Because we always have golf bags toward the trunk lid in our cars, they block the Abstract Ocean lights which are low in the corners of trunk near the lift gate, and the back of the trunk toward the seats remains very dark.

With reference to installation, I do not have the Premium Light Package, so when I earlier installed the Abstract Ocean lights in the corners of the trunk, I had to find the light harnesses and connectors to hook them up. I had already done this on our S 75. However, it was much harder to install on our S 100D because the subwoofer is on the passenger behind the wheel well, and it was very difficult to to remove the trunk side wall cover over the subwoofer to find the harness and connector. To make it easier, take out the trunk well cover and about halfway down in the trunk well on the passenger side, there is a strip/ledge that secures the bottom of the passenger side trunk wall cover. This strip is secured by two plugs that pop out easily with a screw driver or a plastic pry bar (they pop right back in when you reattach the strip) . Remove this strip, and the side wall cover is much easier to manipulate. also wear a pair of sturdy latex gloves or you will get rug burns on the backs of your hands.

Another tip, if you don't have the Premium Light Package, the harness and light attachment on the passenger's side is located under the rear right tail light (inside the trunk), not where it is located on the driver's side, which is farther forward toward the wheel. This position is covered on the passenger's side by the subwoofer, and inaccessible.

I did the install this week. It was easy to install and looks like it came from the factory. The additional light is striking. I opened the trunk of my wife's S 75 with three Abstract Ocean trunk lights next to my S100D with the same AO lights and Norm's 2 light bars, and my trunk was noticibly brighter ba a factor of 10.

Installed mine today as well and this is a great addition to the car (Tesla should make this the stock lighting).

One tip for those with Upgraded Sound System with Subwoofer in the rear passenger side; definitely use a fish tape, or a piece of wire to pull the wiring in to position. I just cut a piece of a wire coat hanger and used that. Getting the wire back down to the stock lighting position is tricky, I found the best way to do it was try to route it in the trim panel gap near the edge of the carpet, rather than directly down under the carpet. Once I did that it went through easily. If not for that I would have had this installed in 15 minutes, with fussing with that it took almost 45 minutes. Definitely worth it though.

Fantastic product and service from NORM. It was a easy install and I didn't have major issues going to the subwoofer side as long you pull the siding fabricó back a little. A must have for any owner. The link below have some pictures

Trunk Lighting By Norm

Attachments

• IMG_6984.JPG
    IMG_6984.JPG
    655.9 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_6985.JPG
    IMG_6985.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_6943.JPG
    IMG_6943.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 409