Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two openings (~5" by 3.5 " ) in the trunk lining. One on each side of the trunk under the shelf. At the very least there should be a cover. What is the purpose of these openings?
:confused:

Attachments

• 14259582342931128050561.jpg
    14259582342931128050561.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 625
  • 14259582879651099038418.jpg
    14259582879651099038418.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 549
That's not a very finished look! I bet there are plastic vent inserts planned for that area, but just didn't have them in yet and didn't want to hold up the delivery of the cars because of it. Eesh... Ask for them when they become available. (Or make your own covers.)

I can't believe they delivered a car like that without even explaining why. What were they thinking?

Edit: Oh wait, those are not where I thought they were. Is the camera pointed up in those pictures? I originally thought it was where the rear hatch latches, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I can't believe they delivered a car like that without even explaining why. What were they thinking?

Edit: Oh wait, those are not where I thought they were. Is the camera pointed up in those pictures? I originally thought it was where the rear hatch latches, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Can we get a picture from a slightly wider angle so we can get the context of where this is? Agreed, they need to provide vents or covers if that is plainly visible...

Well, that explains the perspective then, which was missing from the close shots that opened this thread.

If you have to stand on your head in the trunk to see it, then... someone should take a picture of the person doing THAT instead of the holes they're looking at. :tongue:

For me, it provided easy access so I could run a wire from the trunk light harnesses to my new LED strips.

Were you able to fish the harness from this "access hole" and do the necessary connections without having to remove trunk liner?

Did you do an LED on each side of the trunk, each through its own side access hole?

Share a little on that please, it's exactly what I want to do (this weekend now that it's warm enough to work outside on car things). I have LED strips on hand and ready to go.

Been waiting all winter to have enough light back there in the trunk to actually see things!

Were you able to fish the harness from this "access hole" and do the necessary connections without having to remove trunk liner?

Did you do an LED on each side of the trunk, each through its own side access hole?

Share a little on that please, it's exactly what I want to do (this weekend now that it's warm enough to work outside on car things). I have LED strips on hand and ready to go.

Been waiting all winter to have enough light back there in the trunk to actually see things!

There is are detailed instructions on TeslaTap on how to add these lights. I found them a little complex, as they called for customizing the LEDs and using barrel connectors. None of that is necessary. If you know what you are doing, you can add beautiful LED's in less than 1 hour. The LEDs run under the lip that holds the parcel shelf.

Please read my post in this thread. There are links there to whatever you need to buy. Read the TeslaTap thread too for details of wear to tap into the wires and how to fish it through. Really, really easy.