Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Mat - Maxpider version holding up well? Tesmanian one failed...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dennisis

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2020
Tucson
So I bought the Tesmanian trunk liner just over a year ago and it's shot - ripped all along the crease where it flips up to access the below deck storage compartment. I sent them an email asking about their warranty but I'm not hopeful, figuring I'll have to foot the bill. I've looked around and I'm thinking I might go with the Maxpider version. Any thoughts from those who own them? Thanks in advance :)

Don't get the cheap ones off Amazon, they slide all over and bunch up in the corners (dogs help). They just seem thin and floppy.

I was actually thinking about trying. Tesmanian, I have their mats for the front and back seats, they seem really durable. Only a week old, but still, seem ok.

Thanks. Yeah I have theirs for the front and back too and they’ve held up well for the past year but the trunk one didn’t - couldn’t take repeated bending and cracked all along the fold point. Leaning towards replacing that one with Maxpider one, seems more durable.

I have Maxpider foot mats but Tesmanian trunk mat. My friend has the Maxpider trunk mat. The material is sturdy enough that it should not snap like hard plastic would, but the walls do not come up high and stiff along the edges like the Tesmanian if you have a lot of “stuff” to catch.

• Informative
Reactions: Dennisis
I'm going with the Tesla option, done messing around with knock offs.

I'm going with the Tesla option, done messing around with knock offs.

I know they offer that but I've read it's fairly thin and doesn't have any sort of fold point for when you access the below deck storage.

Here's one article: tesla-model-y-trunk-mat-options-which-one-should-you-get

Reactions: OxBrew
I have Maxpider foot mats but Tesmanian trunk mat. My friend has the Maxpider trunk mat. The material is sturdy enough that it should not snap like hard plastic would, but the walls do not come up high and stiff along the edges like the Tesmanian if you have a lot of “stuff” to catch.
I'm going with the Maxpider one. Their other mats get great reviews and this looks like a solid choice. Will post my thoughts once received.

Reactions: 101dals and OxBrew