Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk opening photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon was asked, believe in a tweet, about a 7' surfboard and he said it would absolutely fit. I'm assuming the seats fold completely flat.
Elon stated at the reveal that a surfboard would fit in the Model 3. I think it is likely that the nose of the board will have to go between the front seats, but it will fit. Based on that, obviously skis will fit in the 3.

He also said in his "impromptu Twitter AMA" two days after the reveal that the rear seats folded flat. See a compilation of those tweets at What's Happening Now on Twitter | About

I plan to replace my S with a 3. While I will miss the S hatchback I am confident that the 3 will work for me. My wife and I take a lot of long driving vacations and we love loading up our S with whatever we need. We almost never fold down the rear seats in our S, but in the 3 we will definitely be folding them flat. Should work fine, but I sure do hope there are someone tie-down loops in the 3 trunk and on the back side of the 3 seats. The S doesn't have any, and it should.

I sure do hope there are someone tie-down loops in the 3 trunk and on the back side of the 3 seats. The S doesn't have any, and it should.

Do we have a sticky thread of useful features being suggested here? It might be quite good to have such a thread but with the first entry managed by an admin to keep an up-to-date set of useful features being suggested by M3 fans here. We had something similar in the Toyota Hybrid thread but no one expected Toyota to give much consideration to what their fans wanted. Tesla on the other hand, might be just about the only car company out there who actually listen and keep in touch with enthusiasts. But of course it would be up to the admins to keep entries in the table meaningful and useful to most - we don't want suggestions for a hatch or nose job.