TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Trunk/pax separation strategies?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Rodolfo Paiz, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Rodolfo Paiz

Rodolfo Paiz P85 "Plug and Play"

We have a six-seat Model X, and with the third row folded down there is nothing to separate the trunk from the passenger area. It leads to the backs of the second row getting scratched by cargo, and it leads to cargo sliding forward and falling onto the second-row floor between the seats when I brake.

Is anyone aware of a cargo net, or barrier, or anything available to help contain the trunk space and keep stuff from sliding forward? How is everyone else handling this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

3. Rodolfo Paiz

Rodolfo Paiz P85 "Plug and Play"

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a close look at them, though I'm looking to keep cargo from sliding around more so than pets. But there may be more overlap than I think, so I'll check.

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

• Like x 1
  5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I've got one of the protective mats like @vandacca (I think it was a variety @ohmman posted from K9), also on Amazon. They are good for carrying miscellanous 'stuff' and not damaging the seat backs, the sides, etc.

But that cargo net is a great idea for something where it will fit in the middle of the back; it will also store in a smaller space. The folded 'animal mats' take up a chunk of the frunk. :D