TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trunk release button (on screen) not working

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Rockster, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Car in park.
    Foot on brake.
    Press the button on the main display to open the trunk.
    Nothing happens.
    Passenger standing at back of car finally gives up and presses the physical trunk release to open the trunk.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

2. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Not seeing this v. 14.13 Screen button pops the lock

Attached Files:

3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Hmmm. I was on the previous version. I just updated to 2018.14.13 about an hour ago. I'll check it out when I get in the car later and see if that fixed it.

4. favo

favo P3D+ owner

Do you mean you weren't in Park? Was the button greyed out?

5. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

The car was in park.

6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Ok, so with this latest software update it's working, kinda. In order to make the trunk and frunk buttons become active, I not only must put it in Park (not surprising) but I must also push the stalk button a second time, while the car is already in park. Only then do the trunk/frunk buttons become active. (And it's possible that this was the behavior before, only I didn't know that I had to push the stalk button a second time.)

Is this normal?

7. favo

favo P3D+ owner

I seem to recall that the double press on Park stalk button is supposed to unlock the doors. I would think you should be able to unlock the trunk with the screen button without unlocking the doors, though.

8. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

In my earlier test the driver’s door was open so the car was already unlocked. Sorry about not being thorough. Checked again and trunk and frunk buttons are grayed out while the car is locked. Tapping the lock icon will also allow those ‘runk buttons to be active.