Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Security

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put some neoprene seat covers (from Wet Okole) and I asked not having an opening above the rear seat handles used for folding the seats.
So the handles are hidden, but still accessible through the material when you know where they are located.

I have noticed other cars than Tesla, having also a little handle located on top of the rear back seats.
I think that if I was a buggler, when the handles are very noticeable,
I would be very tempted to break a window to access to those little handles.

That's a good idea to hide the handles!

You might be seeing on other cars the plastic covers for child seat anchors? I can't recall any car I've had with a trunk where the seat release was in the car (or within easy reach of window like in the Model 3.) .

I put some neoprene seat covers (from Wet Okole) and I asked not having an opening above the rear seat handles used for folding the seats.
So the handles are hidden, but still accessible through the material when you know where they are located.
I also have seat covers on my back seats that hide the handles completely. You can't see them and you have to feel around to get to them.

I was thinking of doing the trunk lock, but didn't get around to it yet. I'm trying to figure if there is some way of doing a lock without needing a 3D printer.

I’ve also seen some design that used cheap metal parts from Home Depot.
Do you have links to that? I did search a long while ago to see if anyone figured a design that just used regularly available parts (it would seem like a lot of the parts in the 3D printed one can just be replaced with various metal pieces available in Home depot, as long as the measurements are correct).

Do you have links to that? I did search a long while ago to see if anyone figured a design that just used regularly available parts (it would seem like a lot of the parts in the 3D printed one can just be replaced with various metal pieces available in Home depot, as long as the measurements are correct).
How does 1 stick and a rubber bank sound to you as far as easy and cheap trunk lock? I posted my trunk lock design on this tread:

How does 1 stick and a rubber bank sound to you as far as easy and cheap trunk lock? I posted my trunk lock design on this tread:
Thanks, that's actually very useful and is much simpler than the 3D printed ones. It gives me a much better idea of how the mechanism works.