Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Shelf + Rear Sound Dampening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reporting back on the new rear brackets for the Y from Steve. 100% better. IMHO, I wouldn't mess with the older metal brackets. The shelf is much more stable, the new brackets don't seem to move with normal bumps from driving. Now happy with the purchase, looks like the shelf is made for the Y, OEM appearance.
Awesome thanks @GregW ! How does the installation of the brackets work? Did you happen to snap any pics during the process?

The brackets just fit under the rubber trunk molding. Steve (member 2000154) is the maker. He did post pics of the new brackets in a post on Monday on this tread. The brackets pics he posted were white, but the real ones are black, and blend more than white. If I remember, I'll take a pic.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Hi Everyone! I've been a little quiet lately because I've been working on a bunch of stuff. I just activated a couple of new pages on the website to introduce the ModelYShelf.2, with all of the latest updates, including the new 3D printed rear hooks, a new cut, and several other incremental changes that we've make lately. I also introduced both of our new trunk mats, the ModelYMat and ModelYMat 2. The ModelYMat covers the trunk floor, the ModelYMat 2 adds a separate rear seat piece to it for full coverage. This can be used with the rear seats up or down. It has been a really busy couple of weeks, but you can see that we aren't slowing down one bit. With a ModelYShelf and ModelYMat, your car won't get any quieter! There are still some more pictures to add and update, but I'm not going to wait to get this party started. And a big thank you to all of you out there for your continuing feedback and suggestions. All of these have gone into making these products the best they can be.

Steve

Hi Everyone! I've been a little quiet lately because I've been working on a bunch of stuff. I just activated a couple of new pages on the website to introduce the ModelYShelf.2, with all of the latest updates, including the new 3D printed rear hooks, a new cut, and several other incremental changes that we've make lately. I also introduced both of our new trunk mats, the ModelYMat and ModelYMat 2. The ModelYMat covers the trunk floor, the ModelYMat 2 adds a separate rear seat piece to it for full coverage. This can be used with the rear seats up or down. It has been a really busy couple of weeks, but you can see that we aren't slowing down one bit. With a ModelYShelf and ModelYMat, your car won't get any quieter! There are still some more pictures to add and update, but I'm not going to wait to get this party started. And a big thank you to all of you out there for your continuing feedback and suggestions. All of these have gone into making these products the best they can be.

Steve
Hey Steve, I'm interested in a ModelYShelf, Is your site still available? I've tried ModelYShelf but it never will load.

Thanks

Reactions: 2000154