Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one you see available today (MODEL S BLADE PERFORMANCE SPOILER)
is the spoiler that mimics the pre-refresh Tesla spoiler. He has another one in development that will be longer and have less kick than that one, just like the new Plaid spoiler. The new one should have less impact on range, with less kick, and I think the longer length fits the car better.
I am in Canada and out that one on my LR. It’s a big box so yes the shipping is rich however you get a 22% discount off the price which is almost half of the shipping. Was not a perfect curvature at the far ends so I carefully inlaid a small bead of RTV in the gaps and it looks perfect. I like it a lot however I like the Plaid one better as it is sleeker so if RPM was cloning that I would have waited unless it is more money and then I would not have.

I am in Canada and out that one on my LR. It’s a big box so yes the shipping is rich however you get a 22% discount off the price which is almost half of the shipping. Was not a perfect curvature at the far ends so I carefully inlaid a small bead of RTV in the gaps and it looks perfect. I like it a lot however I like the Plaid one better as it is sleeker so if RPM was cloning that I would have waited unless it is more money and then I would not have.
I've been holding off on buying the V-style (which I think is more of a wider look, similar to the plaid OEM ones) spoiler solely because of the horrendous $140 USD shipping charges to Canada... did you get dinged with any import duties/customs/clearing fees?

Also, did you get the matte or the glossy? I have a MSM too and cant decide which looks nicer.

I've been holding off on buying the V-style (which I think is more of a wider look, similar to the plaid OEM ones) spoiler solely because of the horrendous $140 USD shipping charges to Canada... did you get dinged with any import duties/customs/clearing fees?

Also, did you get the matte or the glossy? I have a MSM too and cant decide which looks nicer.
I got the glossy and if I recall I think I paid 50 in import costs

I bought a cheapo ($117) carbon fiber (fake?) spoiler off eBay. Shipped quickly, packed well, fits well, looks good! There's a bunch of them on eBay - I suspect there's one or two shops in China making them and dozens selling them. This spoiler actually sits on top of the trunk edge, but has a ridge on the bottom that contacts the trunk edge as you push the spoiler forward, so it's properly aligned. Just measure the distances between the spoiler ends and the trunk edge (and mark with masking tape) to make sure the spoiler is centered.

Vistan

Reactions: 2101Guy
I bought a cheapo ($117) carbon fiber (fake?) spoiler off eBay. Shipped quickly, packed well, fits well, looks good! There's a bunch of them on eBay - I suspect there's one or two shops in China making them and dozens selling them. This spoiler actually sits on top of the trunk edge, but has a ridge on the bottom that contacts the trunk edge as you push the spoiler forward, so it's properly aligned. Just measure the distances between the spoiler ends and the trunk edge (and mark with masking tape) to make sure the spoiler is centered.

Vistan
Yea agreed - I found this one on Ebay for roughly $140 USD, which looks very similar to the V-Style one from RPM. Really considering it.

vs.

Reactions: Neon001
Yea agreed - I found this one on Ebay for roughly $140 USD, which looks very similar to the V-Style one from RPM. Really considering it.

vs.
I jumped. Made an offer for $135. Figure at this price it's almost a throwaway if I don't care for it. Will report back if the seller accepts.

Some pic from detailer. Will try get some better shots when I have my car back.

Attachments

• F8CA097B-88B5-4133-B540-B5E9BB5077E4.jpeg
    F8CA097B-88B5-4133-B540-B5E9BB5077E4.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 30EA7F41-382F-465C-9E22-A7CBE3B38E0F.jpeg
    30EA7F41-382F-465C-9E22-A7CBE3B38E0F.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 197
  • B287ECA9-03FC-41F9-837D-3343D2A3C606.jpeg
    B287ECA9-03FC-41F9-837D-3343D2A3C606.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Love
Reactions: All In and leonwu
I jumped. Made an offer for $135. Figure at this price it's almost a throwaway if I don't care for it. Will report back if the seller accepts.
I offered $125 and they countered with $140. Will try $135 next as well i guess. Agreed it’s worth a try.

Some pic from detailer. Will try get some better shots when I have my car back.
That’s a beauty, the spoiler is a lot less aggressive than I thought, which is actually preferable for me. If only RPM wasn’t so outrageous on their shipping…

I have a spoiler (brand new, unused) for the 2021+ refresh and an entire carbon fiber interior trim kit (also brand new) available. I was planning on putting it in my incoming LR model S, but I bought a plaid instead that already has carbon fiber trim. So how I have an entire brand new set in the box ready for someone else to buy. PM me if you want it. Willing to sell b
Do you still have the spoiler available? I'm a noob here and didn't see the private message option. Message me please thanks.