Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk stopped halfway when closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone experienced trunk stopped halfway when closing with 2 beeps? Nothing blocked the trunk. It seems sensor issue?
I have to press the button again to get it closed completely.
Do you have your height set to a limited height for you home or work location? Mine is set to a lower maximum height for home but I can manually push it higher when the garage door is closed (which means more clearance height for the trunk door). Then, when closing from the full height position, it will stop at the lower/midway position which sounds the same as what you described.

Do you have your height set to a limited height for you home or work location? Mine is set to a lower maximum height for home but I can manually push it higher when the garage door is closed (which means more clearance height for the trunk door). Then, when closing from the full height position, it will stop at the lower/midway position which sounds the same as what you described.
Thank you responding but can we actually set height based on location?

Thank you responding but can we actually set height based on location?
The height can be made higher by location and can be set lower without a location. Here is what the manual says for both.
1624934168491.png

1624933868451.png

Last edited:
Yes, starts recently, although not sure if it is due to the weather, but it keeps happening especially after parking outside half day in a super hot day; and it is just some random outdoor supermarket parking lots and no where near my garage.