Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk water ingress preventer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not had issues with water dripping into the trunk when open, and we had a fairly decent rainy season this year. I picked up my car in december of last year, and we had quite a few rainy days (for southern cali anyway) between then and about the end of april, and not one single time did I have water drip into my trunk from opening it. Maybe my gasket is installed better than others?

• Funny
Reactions: Darwood77
I have not had issues with water dripping into the trunk when open, and we had a fairly decent rainy season this year. I picked up my car in december of last year, and we had quite a few rainy days (for southern cali anyway) between then and about the end of april, and not one single time did I have water drip into my trunk from opening it. Maybe my gasket is installed better than others?
It's the design that allows water to enter not the guy if there gasket, unless your sticks out when the trunk is closed?

It's the design that allows water to enter not the guy if there gasket, unless your sticks out when the trunk is closed?
No it doesnt stick out.

/shrug im just saying that I watched water run down my back window, into the gasket and around the trunk, like every other car I have had. Others say it runs off the rear window and into the trunk, but mine never did that, in any of the rain we had this winter. You and I are in similar areas so you likely know the amount of rain I am speaking of.

I parked outside multiple times, going shopping etc during this time and never one time did water run off the rear window into the trunk.