Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trunk window replacement, Tesla SC vs Safelite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So last Thursday, my Model X got broken into thru the rear window. 4 thieves in a black late model Audi A6 3.0t. Very professional. 491 saratoga ave, San Jose.

Anyways, who would you trust to replace your rear window? Tesla SC or Safelite? I have heard that the spoiler will need to be removed, which does not look particularly easy.

Here is a link to the video

Last edited:
So last Thursday, my Model X got broken into thru the rear window. 4 thieves in a black late model Audi A6 3.0t. Very professional. 491 saratoga ave, San Jose.

Anyways, who would you trust to replace your rear window? Tesla SC or Safelite? I have heard that the spoiler will need to be removed, which does not look particularly easy.

Here is a link to the video
Personally, I would have Tesla do it. A Safelite tech told me once, that they have to go over to the Tesla Service Center to buy Tesla Glass. I have replaced my front windshield twice, and preferred to have Tesla set up the Autopilot cameras. I've never had to replace the rear windshield. OTOH, If insurance is involved, Safelite does make that somewhat easier.