Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk won’t latch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there everyone.

First post here. I currently updated my model y to the newest update yesterday and now my trunk closes but won’t latch. I can’t even here the latch motor trying to engage. Everything is lined up perfect and works great. Has anyone had issues similar and is there a fix?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

And double check that a mat or something is not blocking it. We have a Tesla cargo mat, and if it's even 1cm too far back, it prevents closing.

Another cheat I do (probably not wise) is I will help the rear hatch close if it is having to push down against a bunch of puffy jackets on top of our luggage. I push down on the rear spoiler area, just enough to help it shut.

That might help you diagnose it if there's an issue with the closing calibration (maybe it's giving up too soon because it lost some limit setting?)

Just for fun, you might also try to reset the opening calibration. If I remember, you long press the close button while the hatch is all the way open? Does not make sense that this would help, but it can't hurt.

Reactions: VegasMYP
I imagine it can't lock if the hatch is not locking.

I would actually start a roadside assistance request. They need to help you fix this right now.

You can eventually get someone on the phone that way, and they might be able to help you more immediately.

Reactions: Pianewman