Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk won't open on approach with 2018.26.x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A colleague got 2018.26.x (I am still on 24.1) and noticed the following unwelcome change in the interface. As he approaches the car, say, to stop charging and put away the UMC, the trunk won't open until he pushes the door handle. I am not seeing this behavior, and neither did he before the update.

Known bug? Unique? Configurable feature that he failed to adjust from the default setting?

This makes sense logically if you understand what’s tesla did in the update. The car is locked until you press the door button. The car has to be unlocked to open the trunk.
I’m not saying this makes sense. Because if you have the App, then you should have the option to open the trunk or frunk without unlocking the car. A change in coding logic needs to be made to resolve this issue you report. I would suggest submitting a feature improvement online to Tesla. Make sure you state as Bug or Feature request otherwise someone will explain to you how to open the trunk or they will tell you to reboot the car.