Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Truth Or Myth: Most People Still Don't Get Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My motivation of writing this article is whenever the discussion of Tesla starts among my circle of friends, there is always some silly argument(could be one of these 11 arguments) that comes up, and insisted by one guy that it derails the whole discussion. I wrote this so it is a prerequisite reading for friends so to have meaningful discussion.

Take them for a ride in your Model S. That will change their thinking ;)

Yes now I can, but not before 6/12 when i picked up the car. Owning the car makes everything easy.

One thing I agree from your original post that EV is future but Tesla (Elon Musk vision) is ONLY solution don't make lot sense to many people (looks like you are trying to force that in article and to your friends)

I have Acura and Infiniti. They are pretty good cars, but I can't sell everything and buy two 100k cars (don't have money, etc....)

I want answers to many questions from reliability (first recall happens no big deal right now), repair cost, battery performance in extreme weather condition over period of time & other host of questions related to charging (including range anxiety again superchargers are not available close to my place... maybe you are in CA make difference).

Again, if you feel so strong about tesla and Elon Musk vision try to being Tesla's evangelist. :wink:

My honest opinion: This reads like fanboy lip service, and if I was unfamiliar with Tesla and looking for unbiased information on the subject I would dismiss this after the first few points.

More specifically:
Truth or Myth #1: A Tesla is a gorgeous, high-tech, sexy, rich person's toy purchased mainly to impress one's friends.
The average Joe cannot afford a $70k car. Ironically, your second point applies here: spending 1.5x your annual household income on a car is irresponsible if you're an average Joe. (little or no saving or investments)

Truth or Myth #2: Spending $50K+ on a BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, Jaguar, Aston Martin or Maserati makes you look foolish, or worse, irresponsible.
Should you offer any other reason, you simply look foolish, maybe downright irresponsible, not just towards the environment, but in terms of your own hard-earned money.

You lost me here. Statements like this alienate your readers. The price of a car has nothing to do with environmental responsibility, and there are luxury cars that get decent MPG. (Lexus GS 450h for example). As for hard earned money... If someone is making $200k/yr and has plenty of investments, how would $50k be irresponsible?

Not worth reading further, regardless of the validity of future points. But I did read the whole thing; FYI Range Anxiety is not a myth.

You must be a fan boy of 1 or more of those cars then. Model S is 1000000000000000000x better than all of those cars, sorry.