Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Try to decide SCE TOU 4-9pm or PRIME D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My system is pending inspections and PTO. Tesla is filling TOU 4-9 in the PTO paperwork and had me signed. I think I can request SCE to change it when Tesla submits the paperwork.

I can't tell which TOU plan makes more sense for me, TOU 4-9 pm or TOU Prime? I have a 10 kW system with 1 PW. I don't have an EV yet, my system is about 92% oversized over my current usage.

Thanks.

There is a fairly lengthy thread here on this topic, perhaps that one can help you decide.

You can find it here:

Reactions: KHYE
I'm on TOU-D-PRIME now and was on the same plan pre-solar. Tesla did put TOU 4-9 on my PTO paperwork put it did not trigger a rate plan change.

While I think I would probably be better on the TOU 4-9 plan I am going to wait until I get more data to understand what my production/usage will be over a full year. I am also rather afraid that something will break and while waiting the month+ for Tesla to fix it I will be stuck charging our EVs at >$0.30/kWh.

Reactions: KHYE
I'm on TOU-D-PRIME now and was on the same plan pre-solar. Tesla did put TOU 4-9 on my PTO paperwork put it did not trigger a rate plan change.

While I think I would probably be better on the TOU 4-9 plan I am going to wait until I get more data to understand what my production/usage will be over a full year. I am also rather afraid that something will break and while waiting the month+ for Tesla to fix it I will be stuck charging our EVs at >$0.30/kWh.
Yea, if I have an EV, it'll be an easier decision to go with PRIME.