Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Find a place that compares these tires and gives them ratings based on specific criterion. Energy consumption, low rolling resistance, and tire wear rating, are numbers that can be found.
Tire Rack is just one place that categorizes tires and lists ratings.

“Eco” for low rolling resistance and a 700 or above wear rating is where these P7s fall in the mix.

Tramlining is when the tire tends to follow the grooves on the pavement which makes the car feel like it is shifting side to side randomly. Wikipedia can explain it better than me - Tramlining - Wikipedia

Freeway driving over grooves seems stable. I’ve driven 4,500 miles on these tires so far. Columbia, SC to New Orleans, LA and back, then SC down to the Space Coast (Titusville) in FL and back in the mix. Heavy rain and dry roads at 70-80 mph, very stable and a comfortable ride.

From the Pirelli description on Tire Rack:

“The Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II is Pirelli's Grand Touring All-Season tire designed for the drivers of touring and luxury touring cars looking for tires offering predictable handling, everyday comfort and all-season traction, plus enhanced capability in wet conditions. Developed to be environmentally friendly, the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II helps contribute to the environment with regards to energy efficiency, clean air, low noise and long wear. Designed to be driven in America's diverse weather conditions, the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II features lower weight, less rolling resistance and reduced noise while enhancing wet braking and year-round traction, even in light snow.

pirelliCinturatoP7ASPlus2.png

Compared to the previous-generation tire, Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tires use an updated tread compound and internal construction with a focus on enhancing wet braking and traction. This compound is molded into an asymmetric tread design that blends dry handling with wet road and wintertime traction. A continuous outboard shoulder promotes steering response while the pitch sequencing and phasing of multiple inboard tread block sizes reduce pattern noise. Four wide circumferential grooves help evacuate water to increase hydroplaning resistance while engineered lateral and longitudinal sipes increase the number of biting edges to enhance wet road and wintertime traction.

Internal construction of the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II is optimized to work with the enhanced compound to provide the most benefit to drivers. To improve high-speed durability, handling, ride quality and wear, the tire's internal structure features twin, lightweight steel belts reinforced by variable-tension, spirally wrapped polyamide.

Note: Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tires are designed and produced using eco-focused manufacturing methods, in addition to featuring low rolling resistance (LRR) compounds and constructions to enhance vehicle fuel economy. These tires are identified as such with Pirelli's Ecoimpact designation on their Sizes and Specs pages.“

Yeah, can't say that I've ever really noticed that with these tires any more than any others...

I just got the P7 Plus 2s and I love them. Better than expected compared to my original GoodYear, which only lasted 15K miles, if you can believe it. Yes, I love up a windy mountain road, but still... I'm going to be better with THIS set and actually rotate my tires. (I know, I know) Hey how often should these tires be rotated?

I just got the P7 Plus 2s and I love them. Better than expected compared to my original GoodYear, which only lasted 15K miles, if you can believe it. Yes, I love up a windy mountain road, but still... I'm going to be better with THIS set and actually rotate my tires. (I know, I know) Hey how often should these tires be rotated?

I always rotate every 5K miles

• Helpful
Reactions: Tezzie
I just switch from the Cinturato p7 to the New Plus 2 version. On my first set I got 36790 miles. On these new i just had my first rotation @ 5000 miles the rear tires went from 10/32 to 6/32. Front from 10/32 to 9/32. This is very odd and never happened to me before.

i don’t think I am going to get as much mileage in these as I did on the regular plus. They do break better and feel more tacky on the road.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tezzie
How many miles do you travel annually? I've had my car 2 years and only have 15K on it. Front tires were BALD (GoodYear OEM for my 2018 Model S).

I do around 22k a year. They do still make the regular plus I switch just to give these new ones a try as they just came out. They do have a better grab so I am assuming is a more soft rubber on them

my first set was the goodyears as well and had the same results as you, Around 15k on them.

Find a place that compares these tires and gives them ratings based on specific criterion. Energy consumption, low rolling resistance, and tire wear rating, are numbers that can be found.
Tire Rack is just one place that categorizes tires and lists ratings.

“Eco” for low rolling resistance and a 700 or above wear rating is where these P7s fall in the mix.
wow....700 wear rating....doesn't that equate to a really rough ride