Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlyinLow

Enjoy the journey
Feb 5, 2018
After researching Eco tires in the 20” wheel size, I’ve settled on a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tires.

Tire Rack: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...P7ASP2XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

There’s limited Eco options in the 20” size, but my S85 doesn’t need untrained high performance summer tires. I’ll drive these all year around, winter, rain, etc. Tire Rack did a lot of testing with last year’s version of these tires and they performed well.

The last set of tires lasted me a little more than 60,000 miles. Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus on 19” stock wheels.

Moving over to aftermarket 20” wheels, just for fun. Keeping my “old” 2014 Model S 85. Miles 175,421. AP1.

64D91821-7101-4E84-A41B-688F6115C0A4.jpeg

Following. I am doing something similar as well and shopping for good all season tires with decent tread life in the same size. Currently deciding amongst the following:

-Vredestein Quatrac Pro
-Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II
-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Have another 8 weeks or so of waiting on my new wheels, so definitely interested in any opinions out there.

After researching Eco tires in the 20” wheel size, I’ve settled on a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tires.

Tire Rack: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...P7ASP2XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

There’s limited Eco options in the 20” size, but my S85 doesn’t need untrained high performance summer tires. I’ll drive these all year around, winter, rain, etc. Tire Rack did a lot of testing with last year’s version of these tires and they performed well.

The last set of tires lasted me a little more than 60,000 miles. Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus on 19” stock wheels.

Moving over to aftermarket 20” wheels, just for fun. Keeping my “old” 2014 Model S 85. Miles 175,421. AP1.

View attachment 540978

What was your wh/mi average for the 60,000 miles on the Bridgestones??

Following. I am doing something similar as well and shopping for good all season tires with decent tread life in the same size. Currently deciding amongst the following:

-Vredestein Quatrac Pro
-Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II
-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Have another 8 weeks or so of waiting on my new wheels, so definitely interested in any opinions out there.
I have the Pilot Sport A/S3+ on my S90D and am very pleased with the balance of handling, wear and road noise.

Pilot Sport A/S3+ is a really soft tire....had them on my Lexus GS350....Got 32k on 3 different sets...great tire for highway driving....but around town and infrequent freeway driving you mileage will be lower...the Model S is a lot heavier than the Lexus also thus lower mileage expectation

Pilot Sport A/S3+ is a really soft tire....had them on my Lexus GS350....Got 32k on 3 different sets...great tire for highway driving....but around town and infrequent freeway driving you mileage will be lower...the Model S is a lot heavier than the Lexus also thus lower mileage expectation

i get better mileage with these Michelin’s than I did with the Pirellis. (I know 20” and 19” will vary in that department anyhow) these Michelin’s have fantastic handling as well. I can’t fully speak to the tread life yet because my car came with a set on and we don’t know wheh they were out on (was a used Tesla purchase last year) swapped out in February for a new set.

i get better mileage with these Michelin’s than I did with the Pirellis. (I know 20” and 19” will vary in that department anyhow) these Michelin’s have fantastic handling as well. I can’t fully speak to the tread life yet because my car came with a set on and we don’t know wheh they were out on (was a used Tesla purchase last year) swapped out in February for a new set.
lets us know....I got a dozen donuts that say you will get around 26,500 miles due to weight of car.....my driving was mostly commuting from Irvine to San Jose every other week....agreed, great handling but a little noisy.....not as much as the Conti’s though

lets us know....I got a dozen donuts that say you will get around 26,500 miles due to weight of car.....my driving was mostly commuting from Irvine to San Jose every other week....agreed, great handling but a little noisy.....not as much as the Conti’s though

honestly I’m guessing I’ll get around 18kish. I have to drive 10 miles of gravel road every day. It’s well maintained but gravel none the less. I always get about half the life of most.

that being said a good friend got 38k on her set before she blew a tire that couldn’t be repaired so they got replaced.

honestly I’m guessing I’ll get around 18kish. I have to drive 10 miles of gravel road every day. It’s well maintained but gravel none the less. I always get about half the life of most.

that being said a good friend got 38k on her set before she blew a tire that couldn’t be repaired so they got replaced.
that is great if it was a Tesla! My Lexus GS350 was not as heavy and 95% of all my driving was freeway commuting....one 3 sets, I consistently got 32K before I changed out....COuld have gone further but the valley is very hot in summer and just did not want to change it....But the tire is great.....

What was your wh/mi average for the 60,000 miles on the Bridgestones??

Since wh/mi varies so greatly depending on my specific driving decisions like drafting, speeding or taking it easy, etc the average consumption over 60k miles says nothing about the tires and only describes my driving style and environment (driving in hills).

At 75 mph on the flat freeway and not drafting I see 325 Wh/mi. This is a specific condition, at a specific speed, winds, road smoothness, etc and is NOT useful to compare. I can easily average 275 Wh/mi on a road trip if I choose.

After getting 60k miles on those Bridgestones I was unhappy when they didn’t make them in 20” size.

Use chill mode for daily driving, crank it up once in a while for fun.

Daily charge to 70% with occasional charges to 90% and only 100% if absolutely needed on road trips where the chargers are far apart (OK and TX). This also affects torque applied to the wheels in daily driving as the throttle curve is not constant.

Last edited:
My previous tires were A/S 3+. I got 25K out of them without "spirited" driving.

Currently have Nokian WRG4s, my third set, which performed better in winter. Just had them rotated for the first time with about 6K miles on them. Tread holding up well so far with 9/32 on the rears and 8.5/32 on the front before rotation. I'd buy the Nokians again.

Since wh/mi varies so greatly depending on my specific driving decisions like drafting, speeding or taking it easy, etc the average consumption over 60k miles says nothing about the tires and only describes my driving style and environment (driving in hills).

At 75 mph on the flat freeway and not drafting I see 325 Wh/mi. This is a specific condition, at a specific speed, winds, road smoothness, etc and is NOT useful to compare. I can easily average 275 Wh/mi on a road trip if I choose.

After getting 60k miles on those Bridgestones I was unhappy when they didn’t make them in 20” size.

Use chill mode for daily driving, crank it up once in a while for fun.

Daily charge to 70% with occasional charges to 90% and only 100% if absolutely needed on road trips where the chargers are far apart (OK and TX). This also affects torque applied to the wheels in daily driving as the throttle curve is not constant.

Thanks for responding. My wh/mi vary widely also. Most of my driving is non-aggressive, but I do “get on it” occasionally. That’s why I rely on a long-term average. I got an average of 303 wh/mi over 40,000 miles with my OEM Goodyears. In the first 2,000 miles on the Bridgestones, I’m getting 349 wh/mi. I don’t think my driving has changed, but could be, and certainly going 40,000 miles on the Bridgestones would be a much fairer comparison. However, since I do have the option of switching tires at Costco in the first 30 days, I’m taking advantage of that, and putting Michelin Energy MXV4 tires on tomorrow. I’m hoping I won’t be disappointed with them.

Thanks for responding. My wh/mi vary widely also. Most of my driving is non-aggressive, but I do “get on it” occasionally. That’s why I rely on a long-term average. I got an average of 303 wh/mi over 40,000 miles with my OEM Goodyears. In the first 2,000 miles on the Bridgestones, I’m getting 349 wh/mi. I don’t think my driving has changed, but could be, and certainly going 40,000 miles on the Bridgestones would be a much fairer comparison. However, since I do have the option of switching tires at Costco in the first 30 days, I’m taking advantage of that, and putting Michelin Energy MXV4 tires on tomorrow. I’m hoping I won’t be disappointed with them.

Road trip to/from New Orleans from Columbia, SC complete. New Pirelli tires performed wonderfully. We saw heavy rain for a few hours and lots of sun West of Alabama. My 14S85 and AP1 worked well. TACC alone is worth a lot.

Averaged actual 323 Wh/mi traveling “highway speeds” of 70-80 mph.
No intentional drafting.
685 miles not including off freeway excursions to charge.
We took 15 hours total, driving and charging. When we stopped for dinner and charging was done 10 min before we finished eating.

A Better Route Planner predicted:
337 Wh/mi over 11 hrs and 8 min driving
2 hrs 57 min charging
Total 14 hrs 5 min each way

02A41442-766D-4081-9707-B3CB7DCD03A6.jpeg
DCC44104-FEEC-418A-BD49-91D7F3D8D447.jpeg
B97221A1-AC42-4D5D-A26A-9B02D4F04F97.jpeg
F4641449-D3CA-4D46-9AE8-3608568DA399.jpg
05AC7CA9-5FFE-446B-A49F-FD833C903A25.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Dukeybootie
I've got the Cinturato P7's and I love them. About 45,000 miles on them, and easily have another 30,000 left.
I had Pirelli P7 All Season Plus (not II) on my 2013 S60.They performed very well except on grooved pavement where they tramlined like crazy. Did you see that problem? I wonder if Plus II is better in that respect. I am going to need new tires in the next few months.

I'm trying to decide between Pirelli P7 All Season Plus vs Continental Purecontact LS. It was suggested the Continental was better for tread wear. I'm leaning that way. I like Michelin but they wear out too quick. Any thoughts. Also, I read somewhere where the Pirelli uses more energy consumption.