Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to buy a new Model X - Disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
14 cents is stupid expensive too. It's only 9 cents in western WA state with no pricing tiers on usage either!
Washington has some of the cheapest electricity by far in the US. Now if the Columbia River ever dries up due to climate change that might change. But electricity cost is a reason all the tech companies put their server farms along the river.

Reactions: silverton38
California buys a lot of it too for its renewables target. But during that mega heat wave the hydro power wasn't enough... and 😿
The PNW uses a lot of their hydro power and only sells some. Also, they suffered through heat waves in the summer, but thankfully did not have the same issues we did. We got hit in the Fall for a number of reasons. Decreased availability from PNW was likely one. But another was because much of the onshore wind production declined due to decreased onshore wind flow.

Florida is Nuclear, Solar and some wind for carbon free but they have natural gas plants that run a lot so that is why it is probably more expensive. They also do not do off peek power which would be nice for electric car owners, who charge all night.

The Columbia River Basin is a true blessing to the NW. It alone produces over 40% of the Hydroelectric power generated in the US.
Like other states, different power sources in different regions. I’m in a PSE served area, $.11/kWh here, and less than 1/3rd PSE power is hydro, we are not as green as we let on. Afaik the Columbia river power is most or all BPA owned and goes where they decide to sell it.Some counties have PUDs and cheaper power, Seattle has its own Skagit river hydro and cheaper power.

Attachments

• 144D41E7-5F1C-40BE-9D5C-DBB5656DFA24.jpeg
    144D41E7-5F1C-40BE-9D5C-DBB5656DFA24.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 65
I'm having a similar experience with the purchase of a S.
I'm in the process, at least trying, to trade in my 2018 S for a 2023 S. The sales experience has got to be one of the worst I've ever had. No one answers the National Sales # (888 518-3752) and no one responds to txts (510 369-1239). Completely unresponsive. Finally got a call this morning (2 hours before I'm supposed to leave the house to pick up the car). The new S has a dead battery and has to be towed to the dealership and is not available for pickup until later this week. Frankly this is ridiculous. They have had over a week to prepare the car and did nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love my S, but their sales process needs to be overhauled.

Reactions: rpo