Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to buy a used model 3 performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is another photo.
The first 2 photos definitely indicate autopilot. The 3rd one looks like maybe the screen is scrolled lower? (I'll check mine later) Is the car local? If so it's super easy to verify in the car during a drive. If the car is not local, then the dealer should list EAP in the sales agreement and if somehow it doesn't then that should protect you.

Tesla does need to provide an easier way to verify this stuff. I would assume it does not have FSD unless they could prove otherwise.

Does your car detail page show FSD? Here is what mine shows...

View attachment 394994

Sorry, to hijack this but it's kind of related to the OP problem: my detail page does not have the EAP & FSD showing. I purchased both at the same time when they were discounted, and it looks like only proof I have is the credit card charge. The EAP is definitely working but if I have to prove that I've purchased FSD (e.g. for HW3 upgrade) I'll be in trouble. Maybe I need to visit the SC.
2019-04-08_15-24-20.jpg

Sorry, to hijack this but it's kind of related to the OP problem: my detail page does not have the EAP & FSD showing. I purchased both at the same time when they were discounted, and it looks like only proof I have is the credit card charge. The EAP is definitely working but if I have to prove that I've purchased FSD (e.g. for HW3 upgrade) I'll be in trouble. Maybe I need to visit the SC.View attachment 395052
It's there under your vehicle info.
image.PNG

Reactions: Dana1
I've noticed that for a period, there was a discrepancy between what I owned, and what My Tesla account was reflecting. I worked with someone up at corporate who had it addressed on the backend - we had already been working on some other issues involving financing at the time. Opening up tickets with customer service didn't resolve it.

6019F15C-DCE4-403D-8893-A13E94BD5182.jpeg
I’m having trouble verifying that a used model 3 performance that was made last September had some form of autopilot purchased or enabled. I know the hardware exists on the vehicle as it sits, I just need to know how to check on the screens to exactly see what it has. I don’t want to offer more for the vehicle than it’s really worth. Having these features enabled makes a huge difference on value, in my mind. The dealership is not very helpful and has said it has it. Well nothing in their listing shows that. Calling customer service at tesla has been no help. Anyone have any ideas, tips or tricks? I live about 3 hours from the dealership and don’t want to waste a trip.
Best bet is as others have said to have the owner log into his account and under (owners name model 3) there is a “details” page and it will show you what is on the car and the vin number

I've noticed that for a period, there was a discrepancy between what I owned, and what My Tesla account was reflecting. I worked with someone up at corporate who had it addressed on the backend - we had already been working on some other issues involving financing at the time. Opening up tickets with customer service didn't resolve it.

What he said!

I've been trying to get Tesla to correct my Account page since last year. I gave up.

OP: You cannot rely on the Account page as an indication as to what's on the car. I recommend you go see the car in person, it'll be worth the drive.

To further complicate matters...Tesla can’t tell me how long it would take to transfer ownership. I asked them the question on this, “Would I be able to supercharge in the meantime” no one can tell me that. Who would get the charge on their account? The other question would be how much would I pay for full self driving? No one at Tesla can answer that question either.

Why did you cross off the part of the vin thats common to all the cars?
I started to do it all then said screw it.

To further complicate matters...Tesla can’t tell me how long it would take to transfer ownership. I asked them the question on this, “Would I be able to supercharge in the meantime” no one can tell me that. Who would get the charge on their account? The other question would be how much would I pay for full self driving? No one at Tesla can answer that question either.
Supercharging would charge to whatever card Tesla has on file, but there probably isn't one.

FSD would cost you 3000 or 3500 I think.