Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to buy FOB and Tesla site rejects all my perfectly good CCs?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, this is kind of weird. Informed our MY was in and we'd pick it up this Sat in Scottsdale. Wife wants a FOB, so a FOB she is getting. Try and order a FOB. My card is rejected (perfectly good CC). Tried a couple of times then called my CC company. They said the issue must be with Tesla as they haven't a clue what the problem is.

I then tried my local debit card. Tried multiple times. Rejected as well.

I'm giving this a day to clear up on the Tesla side. If no CC is accepted tomorrow I'll contact my intake person and have him run this down. The issue is not the FOB, but what if Tesla, for whatever glitch in their system, won't let me use the SC network?!?!

Any thoughts on this one?

Rich

Here is the rejection verbiage (printed in red) below:

Your payment has been declined. Please choose another payment method.

Really do want to get this issue resolved mostly for supercharging reasons.
I'd expect that since the card is only charged when a charging session stops, it will always work as long as there's a card on file. On the other hand, I'd hope that it keeps working for another supercharger setting if the system was not able to charge the card the first time.

There must be people with experience e.g. who replaced their card due to fraud and forgot to update the card in their Tesla account. I would hope it will keep working at least until some threshold is reached (e.g. $200 outstanding). After all they do know who is responsible for payment.

Tesla will not do a lot of things until you actually own the car. Frustrating when you are waiting, I understand, but if you think about it from the perspective of security it is probably a necessary thing. Try your credit card now. Also you need to put it on your profile on your cell phone.

Had the EXACT same thing right now while buying the wall charger. tried with 3 different cards, 2 different computers, 3 different browsers. No luck. I switched from trying to 3 visas to 1 mastercard and BOOM that seemed to do the trick. So weird, I hope this doesn't happen with supercharging.

It may be something is going on at Tesla. I had something similar happen. I gave Tesla my bank account information for my purchase, they were able to take the deposit. Recurring monthly payments were setup to come out of the same account. Got a notice on Nov. 3 that they had deducted payment for November. Got an email today that they didn't have my account information and that I needed to pay for November? Called and for some reason my account info. had disappeared or could not be found. Gave them the same info. again and all was good? Seems like something is up with their computer systems?

It may be something is going on at Tesla. I had something similar happen. I gave Tesla my bank account information for my purchase, they were able to take the deposit. Recurring monthly payments were setup to come out of the same account. Got a notice on Nov. 3 that they had deducted payment for November. Got an email today that they didn't have my account information and that I needed to pay for November? Called and for some reason my account info. had disappeared or could not be found. Gave them the same info. again and all was good? Seems like something is up with their computer systems?
Time for Tesla to do a scroll wheel reboot.

Well I actually spoke to a rep this morning, because the issues with my payments were ongoing. As I knew, the issue was(is) on Tesla's end. Supposedly my issue has been resolved. The rep did tell me that they were having issues processing Credit Cards right now, so that may explain the OP's problems.

I had a similar issue when trying to purchase my wall connector about two weeks ago. Perfectly good M/C would not go through... or so it appeared. Tried AMX and it went through just fine. Got a text from credit card processing asking if I tried to make a $500 payment. This after AMX already went through. I said no, not wanting two wall chargers! Now waiting on new Master Card.....

I am having the same issue - trying to purchase the wall charger but all credits cards I have get declined. I tried many times over a few weeks and this is getting me mad! I called the credit cards, they don't even see the transaction so the problem is on the tesla end. If anyone solved, this let me know. I sent an email to tesla online orders, but no response so far :(

I am having the same issue - trying to purchase the wall charger but all credits cards I have get declined. I tried many times over a few weeks and this is getting me mad! I called the credit cards, they don't even see the transaction so the problem is on the tesla end. If anyone solved, this let me know. I sent an email to tesla online orders, but no response so far :(

Try switching web browsers. For some reason it wouldn’t work for me on Safari but the same card worked on Firefox.

+1 on browser change. Also, using a web browser on a phone or tablet may not be the same experience as on a PC or MAC, not as feature compliant, so if using phone/tablet try using a PC/MAC which should be the more compatible platform.

Other things that could interfere, running NoScript or something equivalent? If so, check to see if it is blocking any connections. If using PiHole for DNS rejection, check logs. You could temporarily disable and try again, might require loading web page in new browser/tab to avoid cached data. NoScript and PiHole have blocked me before, on more than one occasion.

I don't get it. I just downloaded firefox, tried with my visa, my master card, asked my wife to use her info, still no luck: always get same error :( I am about to place order for the actual car, hopefully it's easier to buy the car than the charger!