Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to claim ownership on Tesla website, but keeps saying “unable to process, try again later”

dannycamps

Apr 8, 2019
Northeast USA
Does anyone know what sort of disclosures are given on Teslas sent to auction by Tesla? Is it clearly stated what software packages are or are not included with the car regardless of what may be displaying on the screen? If this is not clearly disclosed and/or commonly known what Tesla removes then Tesla should be more proactive in removing software from cars before sending them to auction.

There's already enough confusion out there about some of the software packages like "Full Self Driving Capability", , even among long-time Tesla owners and enthusiasts,. Adding uncertainty as to what is or isn;'t included (on auction cars) only adds to the confusion.

Probably safe to go with the assumption that if Tesla sent the car to auction that they removed any software upgrades the car had.

Reactions: croman and MP3Mike

j_c_2001

Sep 29, 2016
DC
Where did Vroom get the car from? If they bought it from Tesla, i.e. at auction, EAP was likely "removed" before the auction. (It is just that the car doesn't get updated to know that until the next owner registers it with Tesla, which Vroom doesn't do.) If Vroom bought it from a private party then EAP should have likely stayed. (But possibly not if the original owner hadn't paid for it but it had gotten activated on the car accidentally, which happened a number of times.) Did Vroom advertise that it had EAP, or did you just assume it based on what was reported on screen in the car?

I wish third party dealers would register the car with Tesla and/or Tesla would force those updates immediately to avoid these issues.
Is there a way I can find out what was on the car before it was sold to Vroom? In any case, is it Tesla policy to remove EAP when a Tesla is sold at Auction and/or from a Private Party?

CapeOne

Jun 14, 2016
New England
Probably safe to go with the assumption that if Tesla sent the car to auction that they removed any software upgrades the car had.

I would consider that a reasonable assumption but was curious if anyone knew what, if anything, was actually disclosed about Teslas sent to auction by Tesla as far as software especially if cars go through with software still showing/enabled. I would hope that Tesla and/or the auction houses disclose information regarding software removal/deactivation. Do they? Anyone know?? It would be unfair and misleading to auction buyers if they don't.

If actions/policies are not more definitively known, it can lead to these software packages being viewed as basically valueless by dealers or other buyers if they are going to assume cars can be stripped of the features at any time regardless of where/how acquired.

TCMX

Feb 11, 2021
texas
So I went @TCMX route with chat, and then send documentation via email yesterday. Received an email today that the car was added to my account. Thank you all for your assistance.

Now a new problem... they removed the Enhanced Autopilot that was on the car. Now it just says Autopilot on the main screen. Ugh.
that was quick, i havent receive my email from tesla yet, what did you provide beside the driver license?

j_c_2001

Sep 29, 2016
DC
I would consider that a reasonable assumption but was curious if anyone knew what, if anything, was actually disclosed about Teslas sent to auction by Tesla as far as software especially if cars go through with software still showing/enabled. I would hope that Tesla and/or the auction houses disclose information regarding software removal/deactivation. Do they? Anyone know?? It would be unfair and misleading to auction buyers if they don't.

If actions/policies are not more definitively known, it can lead to these software packages being viewed as basically valueless by dealers or other buyers if they are going to assume cars can be stripped of the features at any time regardless of where/how acquired.
Hey guys I’m gonna start a new thread about EAP being removed from my Used Tesla so we don’t mix topics. Will let you know when the new thread is created.

wcho1800

Jul 17, 2021
Vancouver
So I bought a used 2017 Tesla Model S 90D from Vroom, and am trying to claim ownership on Tesla.com. I attach the Bill of Sale, and photos of my driver’s license. And everytime it says “unable to process, please try again later.” It’s been like this for the past 2 days. I also need to schedule some service too but it seems Tesla doesn’t take phone calls and everything has to go through the app.

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 644879
I was in the same situation and kept getting the "Unable to Process" message. The trick is to provide all your information in the profile section, including your credit card info and then go back and redo the "Claim your ownership" process. It went through immediately and I got a confirmation email advising that the transfer would be completed in 3-5 business days. Hope that helps! Cheers.

vahan

Jun 18, 2021
Armenia, Yerevan
I was in the same situation and kept getting the "Unable to Process" message. The trick is to provide all your information in the profile section, including your credit card info and then go back and redo the "Claim your ownership" process. It went through immediately and I got a confirmation email advising that the transfer would be completed in 3-5 business days. Hope that helps! Cheers.
Hey, is the claiming ownership is working like this, can you post an update here?

lynxx

Jul 17, 2021
Ny
Worked for me instantly. I did add all profile info including credit card as suggested. Used temporary tag. No wait. Instantly appeared on app.

Chanceman14

Nov 4, 2021
Dallas Texas
This is a copy of my buyers receipt for my Tesla 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 8

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC