Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to have ev chargers at my worksite.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a random question guys, and there is a bit to it.
I work for a small country sute in a large company that is currently pushing its green footprint. I will.be the first owner of a ev at our site with 60 employees. I spoke to my company operations manager at an event a couple of weeks ago (I already knew she has her own tesla) and asked if she would approve capital for ev chargers been installed on my site. She of course said absolutely.
Here is my issue, been a country town and me been the first (and currently only) with an ev, I will have the rest of the worksite annoyed at me that I am just spending the companies money to install them and then get free charging when i infact want to also push the move to ev's (and get free charging, i cannot lie)
Holding the production management role on site I really don't want to get everyone there off side, so how do I approach the situation of getting the chargers installed while not looking like I'm doing it purely for myself

Just a random question guys, and there is a bit to it.
I work for a small country sute in a large company that is currently pushing its green footprint. I will.be the first owner of a ev at our site with 60 employees. I spoke to my company operations manager at an event a couple of weeks ago (I already knew she has her own tesla) and asked if she would approve capital for ev chargers been installed on my site. She of course said absolutely.
Here is my issue, been a country town and me been the first (and currently only) with an ev, I will have the rest of the worksite annoyed at me that I am just spending the companies money to install them and then get free charging when i infact want to also push the move to ev's (and get free charging, i cannot lie)
Holding the production management role on site I really don't want to get everyone there off side, so how do I approach the situation of getting the chargers installed while not looking like I'm doing it purely for myself

One thing I am wondering is, if your company is big, (by the way, I am guessing you meant to say “small country site” rather than “small country sute?), then you likely aren’t the first small country site to do this, so you might not need to re-invent the wheel. You can see what other small country sites did, and how well those attempts worked, and figure out how/if it could be done better.

But in the absence of information gathered from previous charging installation attempts, how green does your company want to be? Unless they are absolutely rabid about greenness, I am thinking that giving free electricity out to employees permanently is not really (economically) sustainable. And if that is the case, why not just contract with a third-party company that will provide chargers and charging at an attractive pricing level?

I was in Vegas a couple months ago, staying at Treasure Island, and they have recently transitioned from providing free electric charging to contracting with a third-party company (noodoe?) which then charges individual users. They offered ~20 mph charging at $2 per hour for 2 hours and then $4 per hour thereafter. I thought the price was quite reasonable but at the same time there wasn’t a lot of contention/congestion/hogging at the chargers because they weren’t free. And I think Treasure Island had a few less headaches on their hands after making the transition.

Upvote 0