Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to switch from a 100D to P100D

Rider

Mar 7, 2018
California
Im having 100D regrets and I want to change my order to a P100D. I’m outside of the three day grace period.

My car is scheduled for production but not in production. I was under the impression I could change my order for a fee. The sales guy is acting like this is a major request and has to run it up the chain.

Does anyone else know if this is possible? It seems that if EM can put a car into space they can figure out how to let me spend more money with them.

I’m also willing to lose my deposit and start over. I did FSD on the first order and it looks like that’s years away, so I could leave that off and be in the same place.

SucreTease

Teslarian
Jul 11, 2017
Huntsville, Alabama
I am pretty sure that they will be accommodating, given the chance to upsell. I recommend you contact your owner advisor immediately, tell them you are fantasizing about the P100D and if they can find a way to change your order. They may be the ones to extend an offer to you before you request it, and I suspect any offer they make will be better than what you will get if you are requesting them to do something for you.

Robotpedlr

Supporting Member
Dec 17, 2017
Seattle
I read another post on here that did an upgrade change after the fact and they waived the fee. If you originally ordered before 2/1, you may also benefited from the new referral program for $500 accessory/service credit. So maybe a win win (as in you win twice) :)

I noticed one of my referrals changed his order from early Jan to Feb and now my $500 credit is gone...

bhzmark

Jul 21, 2013
Definitely have them find an inventory model for you and no charge for the change. That's what I did long after I put my order in and was still waiting.

Reactions: Olds442

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC