Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to take over a lease for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

New to this community and so excited to join this union.

I'm looking for a tesla model X, trying to take over a lease from somebody. It can be any one of them, as long as it's a model X and a good deal.

No color preference, doesn't matter how many seats it has, but autopolit required!

If you have one and looking for someone to takeover your lease, please send me an email or just comment below ~!

Please post following to give me more ideas!

I’m not sure if there is a specific reason you want a lease but I highly recommend a certified pre-owned model X. I just got one 2 weeks ago. 2016 with 30.000 miles on it. Looks brand new! All CPOs have autopilot enabled. They come with a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. So mine is covered until 2022 or 80000 miles. I got it for about 25k under msrp. It’s only a 75d. If you’re looking at a 100 or p100 the discounts get even bigger.

Where did you pick up your Tesla from? I’m in AZ considering a 75D in CA. Do you mind sharing what you paid / VIN range / options?

Thanks!
Fremont. Flew into San Jose and it was a 15 minute Uber. You have to pick it up in person.

I got a 60d that had been upgraded to a 75d (all CPO 60ds are upgraded to 75d). White. 6 seat. Black leather. 2016. 29k miles. Black 22” gloss turbine wheels. Free supercharging. Autopilot. Looks brand new. Not a single mark of rash on the rims or scuff on the body. Vin is in the 19000s. $70.9k

I watched all the listings for September. The cheapest I saw was $65k for a black paint and cloth 6 seater with 30k miles. It was worth $5k to me to get white paint and leather. The wheels were an awesome bonus at that price point.

You may have noticed this but CPOs (not inventory) drop about $1200 in price every day. So it is a game to know what price point is a good deal and when to jump. I recommend EVhunter.com. Pay the $8 and get email notifications when one that matches your criteria comes up.

I can’t recommend CPO enough. The only tough part was getting a rep to help me. I have a contact if you need one. I bought mine online without seeing any actual pictures. My rep then sent me pics and it looked really clean. It had been live less than a hour but I knew it was a deal. Obviously new is nice but truthfully we decided to only do a Tesla if it was actually cheaper than our 2017 Platinum explorer. A new $93500 X was a little more in the long run. But a $70k CPO is about $12k less than our explorer (gas savings, section 179 business write off, energy bill savings).

I know some people may think it is crazy to pay $70 for a used X when I could get a new one for $83k (after rebate) but the $13k savings + sales tax difference was worth it to me. I hate how much cars depreciate so getting a CPO helps.

Wow. That was way more info than you asked for. I’ve been meaning to post about my CPO experience but haven’t. I don’t feel like there are a lot of recent write ups about the CPO process. They’ve changed a few things since some of the write ups I found.

• Informative
Reactions: Bogobec
Fremont. Flew into San Jose and it was a 15 minute Uber. You have to pick it up in person.

I got a 60d that had been upgraded to a 75d (all CPO 60ds are upgraded to 75d). White. 6 seat. Black leather. 2016. 29k miles. Black 22” gloss turbine wheels. Free supercharging. Autopilot. Looks brand new. Not a single mark of rash on the rims or scuff on the body. Vin is in the 19000s. $70.9k

I watched all the listings for September. The cheapest I saw was $65k for a black paint and cloth 6 seater with 30k miles. It was worth $5k to me to get white paint and leather. The wheels were an awesome bonus at that price point.

You may have noticed this but CPOs (not inventory) drop about $1200 in price every day. So it is a game to know what price point is a good deal and when to jump. I recommend EVhunter.com. Pay the $8 and get email notifications when one that matches your criteria comes up.

I can’t recommend CPO enough. The only tough part was getting a rep to help me. I have a contact if you need one. I bought mine online without seeing any actual pictures. My rep then sent me pics and it looked really clean. It had been live less than a hour but I knew it was a deal. Obviously new is nice but truthfully we decided to only do a Tesla if it was actually cheaper than our 2017 Platinum explorer. A new $93500 X was a little more in the long run. But a $70k CPO is about $12k less than our explorer (gas savings, section 179 business write off, energy bill savings).

I know some people may think it is crazy to pay $70 for a used X when I could get a new one for $83k (after rebate) but the $13k savings + sales tax difference was worth it to me. I hate how much cars depreciate so getting a CPO helps.

Wow. That was way more info than you asked for. I’ve been meaning to post about my CPO experience but haven’t. I don’t feel like there are a lot of recent write ups about the CPO process. They’ve changed a few things since some of the write ups I found.
Woow Thanks for sharing those to me. I will definitely look CPO up hah! That really helps a lot!

Reactions: wehearttessla