Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to time my delivery - Sept/ Oct 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in a similar boat, trying for a late-October delivery. I was on the site this morning and placed an Order with the $100.

QUESTION: After I got my Reservation number it brings you to next steps to input delivery location, your driver's license info, etc. The last step is Payment Method and for now, I have left it on Cash and have not hit the Continue button. Should I hit Continue or just log off for now? My end goal is to 1) make sure I can cancel the order heaven forbid (I know you forfeit the $100) and 2) the price shown on the order page is locked in. I wasn't sure if you had to complete all 4 steps for that to hold true. Thank you.
YES, hit continue on cash option... I even submitted my current insurance card showing I am insured on my wife's car since in Illinois you can take delivery of a car as long as you are insured on any vehicle. When you get a vin and definite delivery date, contact your SC/ SA or tesla finance and ask to change to the finance method of your choosing but without confirming the cash option you have NOT completed your profile and will delay your order.

YES, hit continue on cash option... I even submitted my current insurance card showing I am insured on my wife's car since in Illinois you can take delivery of a car as long as you are insured on any vehicle. When you get a vin and definite delivery date, contact your SC/ SA or tesla finance and ask to change to the finance method of your choosing but without confirming the cash option you have NOT completed your profile and will delay your order.

Thank you for that quick reply! And to confirm, if I hit Continue and for whatever circumstance I need to cancel later down the road, I can still do that only forfeiting the $100?

Thank you for that quick reply! And to confirm, if I hit Continue and for whatever circumstance I need to cancel later down the road, I can still do that only forfeiting the $100?
yes, there's a big 'ole button the order details page of my Model Y order named "cancel order"... I'm in the same boat, I didn't want a hard hit on my credit until i knew I was getting the car so I am currently a cash payment, but will change to 3rd party financing when/ if I get a vin and delivery date.

big red arrow points to where I can click to cancel my order.

7.20.png

yes, there's a big 'ole button the order details page of my Model Y order named "cancel order"... I'm in the same boat, I didn't want a hard hit on my credit until i knew I was getting the car so I am currently a cash payment, but will change to 3rd party financing when/ if I get a vin and delivery date.

Phenomenal. I went ahead and Continued. Yea, I saw the cancel link is there. Will let it sit on the Insurance step for now while I take the next few weeks to secure financing and insurance! Woot woot! Estimated Delivery: October which is juuuuust fine with me :)

I'm in a similar boat, trying for a late-October delivery. I was on the site this morning and placed an Order with the $100.

QUESTION: After I got my Reservation number it brings you to next steps to input delivery location, your driver's license info, etc. The last step is Payment Method and for now, I have left it on Cash and have not hit the Continue button. Should I hit Continue or just log off for now? My end goal is to 1) make sure I can cancel the order heaven forbid (I know you forfeit the $100) and 2) the price shown on the order page is locked in. I wasn't sure if you had to complete all 4 steps for that to hold true. Thank you.

My SA told me to leave it on cash until a VIN is assigned. Once a VIN is assigned, then you can figure out how you’re going to pay for the car and the SA will switch it for you if you’re doing financing. Financing doesn’t take too long. This way, your credit doesn’t have to be run twice or more if your delivery is delayed. I believe approval only lasts 30 - 60 days.

• Helpful
Reactions: Trip McNealy
New guy here ...

Ordered MY LR, 5 seats, 19" wheels, red on black on May 30, 2021.
Current delivery window is August 3 - 23, 9 - 12 weeks with a holiday.
First EDD was a week earlier and shifted within a few days of placing the order.
Reading the tea leaves and the "chip shortage" media coverage, I'm setting my expectations for September or October.
Will be happy and ready if MY arrives before September.

PS: looking around for a way to "react" to posts to acknowledge reactions to something I asked. Must have missed something. Any quick pointers appreciated.
Welcome! you ordered the exactly the same build as mine... and I ordered in April and completed profile in May, and yet your EDD is earlier than mine...😓

Phenomenal. I went ahead and Continued. Yea, I saw the cancel link is there. Will let it sit on the Insurance step for now while I take the next few weeks to secure financing and insurance! Woot woot! Estimated Delivery: October which is juuuuust fine with me :)
Do you have any updates on the delivery date? Did it get changed or still October? I place the order last week and on my dashboard, it says the delivery date is September 15-30. It’s too good to be true. Just wondering if any of you had the same experience

I placed my order last Thursday. And on my online Tesla account, it says estimated delivery time is on September 15-30. Which is, a bit too good to be true. Did you get similar case where they give you an estimated delivery time just days after placing the order?
Yea my earlier delivery estimates were much sooner, like late July/ august and I had a hunch they wouldn’t be true. Can’t speak for current orders because of the nee dec/ Jan estimate on the order page for the MYLR but for June orders it should be a 3-3.5 month wait.

You should follow the more active “current delivery estimates” thread. Lots of good info there.

Yea my earlier delivery estimates were much sooner, like late July/ august and I had a hunch they wouldn’t be true. Can’t speak for current orders because of the nee dec/ Jan estimate on the order page for the MYLR but for June orders it should be a 3-3.5 month wait.

You should follow the more active “current delivery estimates” thread. Lots of good info there.
Thanks! I’ll go and follow that thread

Do you have any updates on the delivery date? Did it get changed or still October? I place the order last week and on my dashboard, it says the delivery date is September 15-30. It’s too good to be true. Just wondering if any of you had the same experience

Did you order a Performance or Long Range model? The Performance ones seem to be getting sooner delivery times. I ordered a LR and yes, my account is now giving a definitive timeline of Oct 25 - Nov 11. I do not have VIN # yet.

Did you order a Performance or Long Range model? The Performance ones seem to be getting sooner delivery times. I ordered a LR and yes, my account is now giving a definitive timeline of Oct 25 - Nov 11. I do not have VIN # yet.
I hate to say this: nothing is definitive there unless your Tesla is sitting on your driveway. My EDD was very definitive at the end of June, then July and now late August to early September…

Welcome! you ordered the exactly the same build as mine... and I ordered in April and completed profile in May, and yet your EDD is earlier than mine...😓
Well, I've learned the Tesla EDD system is pretty nervous. I've had no less than 16 updates including multiples in a single day several times. I've run out of room on the "Signature" for continued updates. Today I'm just within two weeks of the current EDD and the EDD window is more narrow than it has been since ordering. Hoping EDD holds at 9/2 - 9/14. Hope your delivery has already happened #happyyanyan!