Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSB - SB-19-16-002 - High Voltage Battery Replacment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys. My car was built during the June 24, 2018 and September 30, 2018 timeframe, but I was looking for the list of affected VINs. My service center says that my VIN is not affected, but I don't trust them based on past experience. I want to verify their statement. Does anyone have the list of VINs or knows how I could get that list? I appreciate the help.

Thanks guys. My car was built during the June 24, 2018 and September 30, 2018 timeframe, but I was looking for the list of affected VINs. My service center says that my VIN is not affected, but I don't trust them based on past experience. I want to verify their statement. Does anyone have the list of VINs or knows how I could get that list? I appreciate the help.

As far as I know that list of VINS is only in Tesla's systems. So I doubt you will be able to get it.

Based on my prior experience with the particular service center.

Yes, I read the TSB and understand it. I asked a very simple question: does anyone have the list of VINS as the TSB only references "affected VINs" which means that all or some of the vehicles built between the specified time frame fall under the campaign.

• Disagree
Reactions: smatthew
No, my vehicle was built during the applicable time frame covered by the TSB, and if fasteners within the HV battery platter
were not torqued correctly, I want it replaced per the TSB. It's as simple as that. In fact, there are several TSBs related to the battery pack, controllers, breather valves, etc.

No, my vehicle was built during the applicable time frame covered by the TSB, and if fasteners within the HV battery platter
were not torqued correctly, I want it replaced per the TSB. It's as simple as that. In fact, there are several TSBs related to the battery pack, controllers, breather valves, etc.
If you think one service center is lying to you, why not call Tesla's support number and ask if there are any outstanding TSBs related to your car?

honestly, if you think Tesla is lying to you about your car, sell it. I sense a profound breakdown of trust between you and Tesla, and I worry that you may never be happy with any interaction you have with them.

Or, just get over it and realize a service center employee gains nothing by lying to you about TSB work.

Reactions: GigaGrunt
Or, just get over it and realize a service center employee gains nothing by lying to you about TSB work.

I don’t know that they gain nothing. Unlike regular car service centers that make money off warranty and TSB work because they are paid from the manufacturer, Tesla service centers lose money on warranty and TSB work. I could see a poorly managed service center with bad numbers “encouraging” employees to reduce warranty claims. If you have never had to argue with Tesla about what is or is not covered under warranty for your car, you just haven’t owned a Tesla long enough.

For a good example, you can check out the S and X forums where Tesla decided that yellowing center screens was “wear and tear” even though it was occurring as soon as 6 months after purchase and on garage kept cars. People had to take them to arbitration to get it resolved. Yellow screen? Force Tesla to Replace it!

Last edited:
How does a service center lose money on warranty or TSB work? A service center is not it's own company, like a car dealership is. The service center may not make "profit" on warranty work - but that just makes warranty work less expensive for the Tesla structure than for a traditional automobile companies.
Also, corporate accounting has set aside money for warranty repairs, repairs aren't charged to the service center.

brkaus, I agree with you. I'm just asking Tesla to be transparent and provide some proof that my vehicle is not "affected". There are several battery related TSBs for which my vehicle falls with the specific manufacture dates, and I want some assurance that I won't be left without the ability to charge, or other battery related problems.

Has anyone had their battery replaced due to this TSB, and did they have any specific symptoms prior to the replacement?

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
brkaus, I agree with you. I'm just asking Tesla to be transparent and provide some proof that my vehicle is not "affected". There are several battery related TSBs for which my vehicle falls with the specific manufacture dates, and I want some assurance that I won't be left without the ability to charge, or other battery related problems.

Has anyone had their battery replaced due to this TSB, and did they have any specific symptoms prior to the replacement?
What would you accept as proof?