Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSB Source?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
With another vehicle I owned, several folks had sourced the TSB's issued by the manufacturer and had made them available to forum members. I believe one of the guys actually was a "Master Mechanic" for that make...

It was very helpful in dealing with service folks. If something was a known issue that I was experiencing or concerned about, I'd simply print the TSB from the PDF file, take it to the dealership and say, "I'm having THIS issue." Although there was some conversation to make sure it was applicable, it short-cut the diagnosis process significantly, and the service folks were typically happy they simply were able to get to it.

Any avenues like that here? I currently have 2 issues that I've seen reported here (headliner frayed edge, and pump noise/vibration in steering wheel) along with comments like "The service folks are aware of the issue and the fix is XXX".

Obviously the concern about releasing them publicly is that often TSB's may have only specific application, and the Service Centers don't want every owner running to them asking for the "Glove box retention spring may smell odd in extreme cold conditions in the Eastern hemisphere" fix... so we don't want to abuse it. But it's a great resource for the community.

Thanks.

I looked for tsb's on ondemand5 today, there was no information regarding tesla on the site. I wonder if there will be no tsb's available to the public because tesla does the service in house .

Hmm, that's a good question. Although, I believe that there are some laws (Magnusun Moss act) regarding things that can't violate warranty coverage, such as using non-oem parts, etc... I wonder if there are any similar stipulations for not HAVING to use a manufacturers service infrastructure, and as such TSBs would need external distribution?